Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on meds

Advice on meds

Hi I just wondered if anybody had taken Gamanil and now off it.
    In December I felt extremely well and halved my medication. I didnt see the GP as I felt last year I almost lived there, going at least once a month.
    But now things are so different again. I have a few other problems which may be adding to this and also Ive almost stopped caffeine so realise it may be just a combination of all.
    I had a terrible attack on Thursday and havent felt right since. Again it came out of the blue.
    I am due to go on holiday in a couple of weeks and dont know weather to increase meds again or waht to do.
    I guess the most sensible thing to do is return to GP but I guess I will be told for reducing meds as I was originally told I would need to be well on these for at least 6 months before reducing, [Oops!] and offered more "talking" help again .
    Just a bit stuck what to do, thanks guys.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Hi, take it that nobody has, o well, thanks to you 26 who have read it,I will have to sort this one out for myselfxx

and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

hi Alexis,

i had this dilemma not long ago.. read my post it may help.. the answers were good..

me again! - decreasing dose!? effexor

i dont know about the med you are on but with mine the basic upshot was that i can't just up it every time i feel a stressful situation is coming up, that way i'll never learn to do it myself. at the end of it though it really is your decision..

read my post and see what you think! then i'll attempt to help further!!

write soon,
    lisa
    xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Hi Lisa, thanks for your reply, I have never altered my dose before since i was on them and have to decide if to stay on this smaller dose or raise again because perhaps I was not ready to reduce, it isnt one I can play around with as it takes 6 weeks to get into the system, hence I guess also 6 weeks to leave? wish I could alter the dose daily depending on how I feel.
    i will not google for illnesses etc for myself or Im sure I would find the correct answer.
    I am not one for giving in or taking medicines I was months before I even approached the GP for help,
    I think if I hadent had the things thrown at me which I have over the last few weeks I would not even be in this position today, I think I would of continued to get better.
    O well, who knows, thanks anyway. take care.xxxxxx

love from Alexisxx

Alexis

I am trying to find previous posts but the search thing keeps timing out so I got Alex to restart the server so I can try again now.

I know Thursday was very scary for you and I am glad that we got you through it. It could be the coming off meds that is making you feel worse.

Big hug mate - let me see if I can find those posts.

Nicola

I can only search for this one as I could search in the title only ....

lofepramine tablets

Nicola

Thanks Nic, I will have a look, much appreciated.xx

love from Alexisxx

Have just read that post, thanks got shock of my life to see Id replied and was on them then in July, for some reason I thought Id been on them since about September, gosh how time flies!! [^]
    Maybe it was OK for me to reduce them then, still doensnt help the way I feel though.

love from Alexisxx

Oh how weird that you replied too lol.

I know there are more but the blooming search thing doesn't work yet properly.

Nicola

Alexis,

It's fairly likely to be rebound anxiety from reducing the dose by 50%. Not so much about the length of time on it by the % reduction.

You can either put it up again or work through the dose reduction and the nasty physical symptoms. It may take a while to settle.

That coupled with the other factors in place which won't have helped.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information