Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety..??

Question Herbal Remedies for Anxiety..??

Can anyone recommend any herbal anxiety remedies..

I have general anxiety, and my mind races at like 100mph all the time.. im having CBT but want to be able to try something also in the mean time to stop me worrying about evrything else in between the therapy!

Ive read up on St.Johns Wort but i cant take that because of being on the pill.

I wanna be able to take something that i can have during the day that wont leave me feeling drowsy or sleepy, but can just calm my head down, and just help me enjoy the day in a happy and calm state. i dont need any help sleep-wise, i can fall asleep at the snap of my fingers.

Ive heard about passionflower, and ive heard of l-theanine, but i cant seem to find any of that in Holland and Barretts or Boots..

Has anyone had any success with anything thats available in the uk, and that isnt too expensive!

Many Thanks!

Wigi-Woo.xx
    while you clear your head...
    I thought some daisies
    might cheer you up...''

Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety..??

Hi at the moment I'm trying the Bach remedies, I've got the rescue remedy and also White chestnut which is supposed to help with "thoughts going over and over in your head" can't tell you if they are actually working tho I've only been taking them for a couple of days and i'm ultra freaking out waiting for blood test results so........
    But hope this helps a little
    Jo

I've been using Kalms at the moment which seem to work most of the time, there has been one or two occasions where they havent though. Make me space out alot to, feel very light headed.

Hi There
    Passionflower is the active ingredient of Natracalm which is available in Boots. I find it helpful in taking the edge off the nervous tension. I also use Kalms. I also find Bach's Rescue remedy (spray) very useful for an immediate " fix" Hope you find something that helps
    Regards
    John

Hey, i bought some valerian root yesturday which is supposed to help so you can try that, or holland and barret sell something called 5HTP which is supposed to be really good. If you dont already you could try taking Vitamin B, thats supposed to help nervous system. I take that also xx

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you for all the suggestions, im going to look into some boots products from the bits mentioned here, hopefully theyll work! will let you know!

thanks again guys

much love

wigi-woo
    while you clear your head...
    I thought some daisies
    might cheer you up...''

Some of the herbal oils can be helpful in treating anxiety, it sooth the nerves and oils are ylang ylang, sandalwood, rose, evening primrose, neroli, Melissa, lavender, jasmine, geranium, cypress and bergamot. You can use lavender oil as your base for different types of relaxing blends.

i was prescribed St johns wart and - then 5 years ago it didnt work for me - I havent had a clue what was happening to my body, i was in a total breakdown with 20 panic attacks per day, so i guess i didnt even give a chance to it.

I believe if it works for some - it better then chemistry

L-Theanine is in green tea, but there may not be enough to have great effects. I have taken L-Theanine (solgar brand) as a sample from my nutrition store and I feel it really did help. The trouble is, a bottle of Solgar L-Theanine capsules are greatly expensive.

L-Theanine is not herbal either, it is an amino acid found in protein, but eating meat will not have the same effect as it is best absorbed as an individual amino acid, which is why people take capsules.

I am not a firm believer in herbal remedies. I have more faith in nutritional remedies as I have tried and tested them myself. Taking a B-Vitamin complex can greatly improve your anxiety and improve your energy levels. Try taking the holland and barrett B-50 complex (1 in the morning and 1 at night). It says to take 1 a day on the bottle, but it is safe to take 2 as they do a B-100, which is essentially 2 B-50's. You could also take an extra Inositol tablet (another B vitamin) for an extra anxiety reduction boost. Inositol is in the B-50 complex, but large amounts of Inositol are needed for anxiety relief and an OD has never been reported.
    Last edited by absentia; 20-07-10 at 12:15.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information