Thread: mid life crisis

Unhappy mid life crisis

Hi all,

Been reading mainly about peoples experiences with Citalopram after my doctor prescribed it for me. I experienced a few very strange days which caused me to search the internet (having absolutely no knowledge of depression and anti-depressants.)

People on here seem friendly which is something I am in need of at the moment, with feelings of abandonment, loneliness, anxiety and suicidal thoughts.

I've been on the meds for 3 months now and have started to go downhill over the last week after a couple of months of feeling a little better.

Feeling the need to reach out

Hi daddy martin

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Re: mid life crisis

Hi,

Welcome to NMP!! You have found the right place to reach out!! There are lots of friendly people who really care here who will help and support you. The citalopram threads hold lots of info and there are lots of us on here who have either taken it in the past or who still take it now so you will be sure to find what you are looking for.

Take care.
    Jo.

to NMP Martin. Many here will identify with the way you are feeling at the moment. There is a strange comfort in that.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough.( It is a bit old fashioned, but still so relevant). This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Have you tried Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or Mindfulness Martin? Both also good for us overthinkers. Another book which has really helped me is;

Matthieu Ricard ' Happiness...a guide to developing life's most important skill ' published by Atlantic ISBN 978-1-84354-558-3.He is a French Buddhist monk and a very accomplished man....here is a link to one of his talks.....

http://www.ted.com/talks/matthieu_ri...happiness.html

This will get better. Veronicax

Hi there Martin, you will find lots of help on here, especially with citalopram as many people on here take it. I've been on it for 6 months and after 3 months had to have the dosage increased because, like you, I felt that I was still anxious. It was increased from 20mg to 40mg and now 9 weeks after it being increased I feel so much better. Maybe have a word with your Dr to see if you need an increase.

You will get lots of help on here though, I found it so useful when I first became ill and went on citalopram, the Citalopram Survival Guide by Psychopoet was really useful to me. There is always someone on here that will be able to help and give advice to you.

All the very best.

Jannie x x

Thanks for you're support .

For what seems like absolutely no reason - I've had my first good day in a week, This is the stupidest illness ever.

I wish someone could explain the rules - then I might have a chance.

Thread Information