Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully just a blip.

Re: Hopefully just a blip.

Elizabeth-Jane....sorry I mis-read your post about the job!!! With regard to anti-phyotic drugs do they work immediately do you know or are they similiar to anti-depressants i.e. take a while to build up etc. My gp once gave me olanzapine and told me to take half of a 2.5mg tablet to see how it went, i only ever took it once as i was a bit scared to take it not knowing alot about them and how they work. Just wondered it might help with my anxiety? Jo.xx

Hi Vixxy,

Thanks for replying...was a great help, sorry you still feeling as you do, lets hope the seroxat helps you.

Well done for finishing your degree....what a nightmare you must of had with that and the anxiety.

Let us know how you go when you start taking the seroxat.

Jo.xx

Hi jo I have been offered risperidone as another option but have never taken them. I imagine that they begin to work immediately but do their job of relieving anxiety but only in the lower doses. There are NMP members who take them so maybe they will come along and let you know how they find them? EJ

Well my "blip" is really lasting and effecting me big time. Had an awful day today...really felt back at square one and I just dont know why!!! How I got through the day I will never know..but somehow I did. I had no appetite at all today and just drank lucosade to keep me going!! Wish it would all just go away. Jo.

What a blooming nuisance, you've been like it for a few days now you poor thing. I can never drink anything like lucozade or those kind of drinks because there is too much caffeine in them for me and they make me feel awful. Do you ever take anything like Kalms or valerian to calm you down, sometimes they work for me.

Jo, I so hope you feel better soon.

Jannie x x

Thankyou Jannie for your kind words, I just cant stop crying since I've been home. I think I will try Kalms, wasnt sure if they would interfere with my mirtazipine, but am desperate now, so will give them a go.Jo.xx

I take them with citalopram, I know your tablet is different but I don't think they will do you any harm, and I'm sure you can't feel much worse than you already do. I do hope you start to feel better soon, I hate days like that and you've had your fair share lately.
    Jannie x x

Hi Jo,
    So sorry to see that you are having such a rotten time of things. I know your kind words to me have made a huge difference and hope that knowing that I care will help you.
    I think you should go see your GP asap, tell them how awful it is and see what they suggest. As you know mirt wasnt enough for me and I have high hopes that I am now on the right road.
    You have been an inspiration to me over the last few weeks, going back to work and always having a positive outlook. Dont give up or give in, remember how far you have come, you wont go all the way back to square one, no way.
    love
    fawn
    xxxx

Hi. Im wondering if this constant rollercoaster of getting better and then crashing back to awful anxiety is a problem with mirtazapine. Ive been yoyoing since christmas.
    I really hope you can calm yourself down, I know how awful, depressing and demoralising it is to be thinking youre past the worst, and then for the worst to happen again.
    Im still waiting for the chemist to have the seroxat for me ><:

Ive found a few things that help. Art or just doodling. It really focuses my mind away from my anxiety and trying to do something that makes me happy each and everyday. Even if im having a shitty day with my anxiety I have to do something that makes me feel better, even if its only better for a few mins. At least when I look back at the day I can see I did something other than just be anxious!
    My therapist told me to write a list down of everything that makes me happy, then when Im having a bad day I can look at that and pick something from it.
    Maybe that'll help you too

Hi Jo.
    I am thinking of you with these crappy blips. I am just coming out of a 4 day one . I think I was lucky. I was on 30mg of Mirt but the anxiety broke through-I was only on it 4 months.So put on to cit now. day 34 and admittedly feel different this time. have just about finished diazepam -brave words but I have no back up meds in case I do get anxious.
    I do feel for you . Keep looking forward. I like doing the Attitude of Grattitude thread.
    Take care
    Jeanxx

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information