Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopefully just a blip.

Re: Hopefully just a blip.

Hi Fawn,

Please dont think like that hun, you have had your awful moments and I am just so glad that you are feeling so well. I had a much better day today so I think of that of a bonus and just see what happens. Have decided if it does continue will have to go back and have a chat with my GP and see what he says. I am thinking of sugesting taking something along with mirt (maybe citalopram or seroxat) but just worry the side effects will effect me so bad I will then have to take time off work again and I dont really want to have to do that, but then in the long run if it makes me feel better it has got to be worth it. Hopefully I am improving again and wont need to go down that route, we shall see.

But your lovely post was so positive and am so pleased for you...may it continue hun.

Take care
    Jo.xx

Hi Jo I'm sorry that you are having a rough time again. Sometimes it takes time to find the right combination of meds to make us feel well again. I know that if I present to Dr J or to my GP with a variety of symptoms it usually means more meds or a combination of meds. I'm probably on the maximum amount of lithium plus mirtazapine now. I was on dothiepin as well but thankfully I am now off them. Sometimes we need a combination of factors to help us become well again. In the past talking therapies have worked for me. At the moment I'm having hypnosis although I think only one more session. It has also helped me in the past to deal with just small parts of the day and reward yourself with something that you look foward to when you have dealt with that. More meds are not always the answer but they might help in the short term to help us get over a crisis. Take care. Have a chat with your GP/psychiatrist about it. EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by JT69 View Post
    Well today was another bad day....so wierd how to describe how you could feel like I did this morning and then by the afternoon totally normal again...its almost like there are two of me, one in the morning and then a different one in the afternoon!!! I just have to get up and get on with it, cos staying at home would just make it worse. I just hope as time passes it soon goes.
    Jo.
    Hi Jo.

Do you know that is me as well . I have actually taken to doing the housework afte dinner, and the washing nd anything that needs doing . I told my husband I am like a flippin vampire doing all my work late at night. Crazy eh?
    Jean

EJ, Yes you are right, I am waiting for my sessions with the counceller to come up and am hoping that will help, it is difficult as I dont really think GP's totally understand the meds properly and that the best route is with a psychcatarist but not under one of those unfortunately. At least I am able to get myself into work and for that I am grateful as I dont want to take more time off and I do realise that work is definately a distraction and eventually I do start to feel "normal" again, its just the first part of the day it never feels any easier...its just a fight everyday and it does get to you at times.

Thanks for your advice.

Glad you doing o.k. JO.xx

Hi Jean,

Yes it is strange that we feel at our best in the late afternoons and evenings, how do you fill your days?? I am day off today and determined to just get on with it and do chores around the house as they so need doing....hopefully will improve as day goes on. Hope you are doing o.k. though???

Take care.
    JO.xx

Yes, mornings are always the worst times. I can't get anything done at all until midday.
    Especially now that I have a problem with benefits. I have to live on £52 a week for the next 8 months leading up to the appeal tribunal.

I already felt spaced out, now it's worse with the extra burden.

dj

Today was another day from hell....I felt horrible on waking as I always do and then the day just got worse, had no appetite, legs like jelly and just exhausted and I had a good nights sleep. I have made another appointment with my Gp but couldnt get in until Tuesday evening. Need to decide what is best to do?? Do I increase the mirtazipine to max dose of 45mg or do I ask to go onto another type or AD at the same time...such a hard one to call, I need to do something cos I can feel myself sinking back to how I was. Today reminded me of just how I felt before I had to go off work months ago...I really dont want to have to go off work again....I need that distraction but it is so hard at the moment. Just wish it would all go away and I could feel normal again!!!

Jo.xx

Hi Jo.
    Re what do I do in my day is.. I get up with a bit of mind chatter. cup of tea and cit. then an hour later have breakfast. In my nightclothes I take the dog down our allotment size garden rain or shine =I so dont care anymore. I watch Jeremy Kyle have my favourite coffee . get up walk around , talk to myself or the dog, clockwatch, text work colleagues, do little bits of house work.This anxiety is so cruel I feel like a faded mirror image of myself -its ok as I am having a shitty day-having re runs of childhood going thru my head -weird.
    Back to you maybe the increase is what you need with mirt. I was never recommended that, I just suggested that as I was meno I asked if I could try cit and the doc said ok. Its awful you think you are doing so well and in 1 day you can feel back at square 1.
    My thoughts are with you sweetie. hoping tomorrow will be better
    Jean

Dear Jo I' m sure as the title of your post suggests this is 'just a blip' Just re reading your post makes me think that you need the expertise of a psychiatrist. They can do the expert tweaking of the meds which you need right now. I haven't always felt as well as I do now. When I was ill and struggling to get better. I would pretend that I was 'well' I hoped that one day I would indeed feel well. It happened but it took a very long time but I rehearsed the part. I have had a very naff day and had stomach cramps and bowel issues. This end of the day I feel ok. You will get better Jo it is just that you need the right treatment that is all. EJ.

Hi EJ, Thanks for advice, the trouble is the time it will take if I ask to be refferred to a pcychiatrist....that is when it is so frustrating when GP's do not have the expertise to prescrible the meds. A while ago when on citalopram my gp prescribed me olanzapine and told me to take half of a 2.5mg tab every day, when I go see him on Tuesday I shall ask if I try this will it help?? It is so wierd as some days I am really good and the anxiety disappears early other days it lingers right through the day and thats when I find everything so hard to do, you just feel like giving up, can find no peace if you know what I mean. I am also wondering if I need to increase the mirtazipine to 45mg (do you know if this is the max you can take?) , I worry about the side effects of the increase then too, as I dont want to have to take time from work again. I need to get better though, I realise that so will have to do what I have to do.

Huge dilemas we face at times. It does help to talk to people that take the meds though.

Sorry you had a bad day re bowels etc...glad you were ok in the end.

Take care and thanks for caring.
    Jo.xx

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information