Thread: So mixed up

So mixed up

Hi all,
    I've been off work for 3 months after suffering from a breakdown of some sort...i suffer from extreme anxiety and regular panic attacks. I seem to have developed all manner of compulsions including self injury and as soon as i start to feel better something always trips me up. I've managed to come of the lorazapam (7.5mg/d) but still take citalopram, quetiapine and pregabalin.
    Feel like I've lost myself somewhere in the darkness and would like to hear from anyone who's going through or has been through this just to give me some perspective!

thanks

Re: So mixed up

to NMP I'm glad that you have found us. There are no easy answers to unlocking the reasons why you have had a breakdown. I guess a combination of medication and therapy will help you along the road to recovery. Are you seeing a psychiatrist or cpn? These people are best placed to advise you on what sort of treatment you should be having. It might be a combination of CBT and some sort of talking therapy. If you have no-one to talk to write your thoughts and feelings down. It will make it easier when you go to see a health professional. When I was first ill I was advised to do some relaxation every day. A cd is best. Some gentle exercise (walking is good) and doing something that you used to enjoy even if you don't feel like it. Posting on here is good because there is usually someone who has gone through the same experience as you. EJ.

Thanks EJ, have been trying hard to relax and find time to be calm and it seems to be one of my most difficult hurdles but I am persevering!
    I see a counsellor, cpn & psychiatrist so i'm hoping i'll feel better soon. I've definately seen some benefits already but I've come to realise its a steep slope to climb!

Thanks again

Dear Coleface I'm glad that you seeing these people. It is easy to feel isolated though. When you have been a member for while you will be able to access the chatroom and talk to other members there. There are various articles on the left hand side menu which you might find helpful too such as self harm. Take care EJ.

How did you taper off the lorazepam?

Thread Information