hey, well i was told by my doctor last year that i have the dreaded globus hystericus, i was going through a very stressful time, my marraige was ending, i felt guilty about that, i found a new man and had to adjust to the relationship. then i had an abcess in my tooth and that carried on for 4 months, and it that time my globus went off. but now its back, and back just as bad...or is it?
the reason im asking is i have read up on this condition, and from what i can gather most people who suffer from this, feel the "lump" by where their adams apple would be or in their chest. i however do not. my feeling is by my tonsil on the left hand side, every time i swallow i can feel like there is something sharp there or like a very fine hair, and then sometimes it feels like its right down the back of my throat or on the roof of my mouth. i was seen by an ENT doctor last august and had a camara put up my nose and down my throat and all he could find was abit of heartburn and said that in all honesty if they wanted to explore further by putting me under general and using a bigger camara they would but doubt very much they would find anything and that it would put me under more stress. i used to get tonsil stones, and i was able to cough them up, i did see one on my tonsil last year but i couldn't remove it and forgot about it.
like i said this feeling went off for about 4mths and now i have it again, i popped back to the doctors and see a different one and she said that cos she can't see or feel anything medical there is not much she could do and that it could be caused by my smoking, that bits of mucus or stuff could build up and cause these feelings. she didn't once mention globus.
i am under alot of stress again, the feeling came back last week and thats when my stress started again, me and my boyfriend are in the process of getting our dream house and just waiting for the ok, and also he has not been well so i been worried about him also.
i just don't know what to make of it all, i know focusing on it can feed the anxiety and make it worse but its driving me bloody loopy. i can eat and drink fine, and talk fine, when im eating i dont feel it.
any feed back would be great cos im at a loss as to what to make of it. xx