Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: My diary of 'The meds v anxiety'.

Re: My diary of 'The meds v anxiety'.

Hi Micko,

Yes, I was referring to cipralex. Sounds to me like it is really helping our friend Sam, and that is encouraging enough for me that I am just now starting my second week on it. I must say that each day still has more challenges than not, but I dare say either 1) I might actually feel better than I did yesterday or 2) this site and all these great people have put me into a much healthier and more positive place in my mind. I think it is both. Big deep breaths, right?

hi sam its lisa im glad to see at last your feeling better, this is my 2nd month on cipralex and i had a really good week last week a feeling of normality ,but like you said its 2 good to be true sun monday and today have been just like the 1st time i started them remeber????? panic and anxiety hit me hard and knocked me off my feet again god did it and has it upset me .very much so i cryed through my whole therapy session today and screamed at my therapist i dont want this anymore i dont want to feel like this anymore it was pure desperation and fear that today i lost control in the session.... tonight i am more calmer but the horrible 2 faced devious slimey ghost of anxiety is there poking me in the head sniggering at me telling me haunting me and letting me know its still here, you wont shine and be happy for too long lisa i wont you!!!!! its like its possesing me and makes me feel bad when i start to feel good, well enoughs enough , im not letting anymore i know i have to move home in 3 weeks and its waiting to get me again with the stress of it. but u know what im prepared for it and i choose to accept it in my life at that time when it will come as i will only choose to accept it from here on, im not scared anymore for today when i lost it with myself at the therapist session i gained strength from that... i thought if i am doing this to myself then i choose to stop doing it to myself ,, although this will take practice,, the blips have scared me but im still here and im fine tonight, so when anxiety rears its ugly head tonight and wakes me from my sleep with server adrenalin i will say hello but do u mind im trying to sleep!!!!!! Sam im happy 4 u and 4 love because it does help you feel complete even if we have to share it with the goosberry(anxiety) eventually it will get pushed out and u wont even notice it has gone ...take care my friend

lisa x

Are you taking cipralex too Lisa? what have you been on in the past?

hi miko ive been on cipralex for 2 months now 10mg..... but i will tell you all in 2003 i had a full blown nervous breakdown and was on 10mg of cipralex then and they did me the world of good they were a life saver as far as im concerned there the best ssris on the market>>>> ive only had to go back on them for the past 2 months as ive had a year and a half stress lots of bad stuff but i am back on the road to recovery ... so to all those on cipralex stick with um they are brilliant i wouldnt have anythink different.... i just hate my blip days but im moving house so thats why im a little panicky again thats all... take care miko.x

Thanks AA I'm on mirtazapine at night help me sleep but in the morning shaking, dry mouth etc so I take a clonazepam and a buspirone to relieve it wanna dump the mirtazapine and give cipralex another chance must have that many meds inside me just hope my shrink agrees I think I could just swop over from one to the other ? good luck x

You seem to be doin' ok on the cipralex Sam, am I right? well done

Hey Raven! It's been a long time since my last post and I wanted to tell you my news. I've just finished my second month on cipralex 30mg and I have to admit that during the 2nd month I saw big improvement. Better sleep, better eating and much more better mood. Yesterday I visited my schrink to inform her about how I was doing and she was very pleased with my improvement. She told me whenever I am ready I can reduse my dosage to 20mg but when yesterday I was ready to do it today I felt anxious that it might come back again so I won't try it for now. How you've been doing for the last month? Do you feel any better?

I thought 20mg was the max for cipralex?

if you don't face any side effects you can have it even 40mg!I took them under my doctors order

hello miko and annista ive been following sam from day 1 when he 1st started abd i did also the same time but sam stopped for a couple of weeks then started again of which im glad he has ,he must be feeling better and romancing as we havent herd from him in a while, its been over a nweek scince ive been on nmp to as im feeling back to normal now but do like to come on to help others,, its my 3rd month on cipralex and its doing me good im on 10mg but also miko i heard the highest dosage is only 20mg,,, i wouldnt go any higher than that,, i will continue my meds for 2 years as way in the past i was on them that long b4 and i weaned myself off them with no problem,apart fom little electric shock feelings but its cope-able and not scarey.. annista they say its best to be on ur meds for at least 6 months as so u dont have a relaps,, so thats my advice but its up to u think about it,, its all well and good feeling better but u dont just want to stop them so soon???? give them at least 6 months then ask ur doctor to wean u off them .. i cant thank cipralex enough they are brilliant they had a good medical right up and like most ssris the first month is the worst with side effects ... im glad sam is feeling better i know i am cos im in the middle of a house move and im coping very well with the stress... but i still get PMT it hasnt helped with that much lol.... take care both

lisa xxx

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information