Thread: First CBT session

First CBT session

Today at 2.00 and it feels like I'm drinking in the last chance saloon when it comes to treatment. Nowadays it's just one panic after another with no time off in between. Life's hardly worth living like this, so if the CBT doesn't help I guess it's just putting up with it until the worst happens and God knows I've been living in dread for so long its almost habitual now...

Re: First CBT session

Hi Mudskipper. CBT isnt a fast fix therapy, so please dont get down if this first session doesnt yield any results.
    CBT does help, but you have to really put the work in to get the best results. Its a lot of recording how you feel, and when you feel it.
    I hope it goes well for you today

Re: First CBT session

Hey,
    The first time I went to CBT when I was 19 I was just so niave about it, to be honest I dont think I put my 100% into it and I just used it as an excuse to get out of work for a couple of hours. I went back to CBT again when I was 21 as I was more willing to learn about my anxiety (as I knew this wasnt going to just disappear) I started taking the homework seriously etc...
    Please dont give up, I felt like giving up once, sitting in my room crying, but with the support I get from my mum and from my CBT therapist I have learnt to try (as hard as it can be) to stay positive.
    Anyway please drop me a private message if you feel like talking, I go through anxiety and I know what its like, I would be happy to give any advice.
    Lauren x

Thread Information