Thread: How to overcome HA

How to overcome HA

This morning I have written down all the reasons why I dont have Ovarian Cancer

Ovarian Cancer is relatively rare
    I am under 40 which means its even rarer
    My bowel problems come and go and I have had for 20 years which is typical of IBS and not OC
    I have heartburn which is being treated with medication and which they have said is acid reflux and the treatment is working (surely it wouldnt work if it was cancer?)
    i have some urinary problems which is my only worry really, there is a little bit of discomfort every now and then which actually could be just my imagination, however last year I had a laparoscopy which left me with some discomfort and it took ages to heal and did use to come and go so maybe its that flaring up again, and its the same discomfort and feeling, no urgnecy just a mild awareness of discomfort in between peeing.

so why do I still feel terrified I cant shake the fear it hangs over me every waking hour. its truly awful. I cant really get excited about anything as I have sense of dread with every thought, and thoughts of what if what if what if.

I try so hard to push it out of my mind some days are good but most are bad. I havent had a relapse for such a long time had forgetten how awful it is.

Re: How to overcome HA

I am the same (as we all are I suppose)

But you've inspired me to write down reasons why I don't have breast cancer

I am 28 (I know it can happen but its rare)
    I had an ultrasound on my breast 2 weeks ago today and only normal breast tissue was seen
    I had an op on the same breast to remove a benign lump last yr so it may feel different than it did before
    I was seen by the lead clincian in the area for breast cancer so he is very qualified.

But like you I cannot shake of the feeling of "What if?" I just cant let it go

L.x

Re: How to overcome HA

Maybe we should just keep reading our list and hope that one day it sinks in.

Thread Information