Thread: Just get so worked up!

Just get so worked up!

Hello all,
    I'm new on here and have found some posts that I can so connect with.

I can get so easily worked up about anything that hit's me during the day, most days and have been very stressed out over the past 4 years or so now.
    Anxious has become my middle name!

I have such bad moments either thinking I'm going to bleed, from either ears, nose and many other weird thoughts about household things going wrong. Sounds really stupid to some, but I've just recently had my car alarm disconnected because of the fear it will go off any second and the remote won't be able to cancel it out...thats just a taster...it's all in my head, I know it, but can't control the thoughts.
    The next is when I use sharp objects like a kitchen knife or razor, my head plays out this scenario that I'm going to injure myself and bleed everywhere.

How do others cope when in similar situations??
    I thought the car alarm disconnection was being one step ahead of the anxiety and an attempt to lessen one stressor....how far does one go to diminish all of them???

Any reasurrance would be appreciated

Re: Just get so worked up!

Our bathroom needs doing, and I started worrying about the wooden floor disintegrating when I'm in there, so that I fall through to the ground floor. As if that wasn't bad enough, it then developed into the floor collapsing whenever I went upstairs.

The best thing is not to let these thought processes get entrenched. It's a bit like driving many times down the same dirt track. You create a path which becomes deeper every time you drive down it. Finally, you have created deep "grooves" which the tyres of your vehicle slip into naturally, and you become bogged down.

Somebody on this site suggested using puzzles as a form of distraction, and I've started doing this as a way of giving my brain something else to think of. I suspect that as humans with analytical, problem-solving brains, that they often go into overdrive, particularly if we are under some form of stress.

I do mental arithmetic when I'm in the shower

Re: Just get so worked up!

Thanks for response,
    ifeel just writing now has somehow released the worry.

I to have fear of the floor boards giving way, but not through a bathroom. Our roof tiles and guttering are in desperate need of TLC, but just watch me whenever there's a strong gale....there all going to slide off!!!! ..... And onto the car which will set this alarm off!!!!

New face cream..... Will I get it in my eye and go blind???
    New lipbalm.... If it goes it my mouth, will I be unwell???

My list is endless, and so so exhausting to feel and think like this, isn't it?

I'll try your ideas thankyou, ijust wish I new how to be calmer on those moments I can't sit and focus these thoughts away for eg first thing in the morning... Not good!!!

Thread Information