Thread: A wee Hello....

Smile A wee Hello....

I have just joined this forum and I thought that I would come and say hello.
    My name is Beth and I am 32 years old and I live with my b/f and I have a very cute dog called Charlie.
    I was diagnosed at 21/22 with a mood and anxiety disorder ( I still don't really know what that means lol) and I have been on and off medication, I haven't been on medication for the last seven years, but that is probably because I am terrified of doctors, dentists etc. In the last three years I have gone from not being able to go out of the house on my own, to going out on my own two or three times a week by myself, and most of the time enjoying it! I am prone to create phobias really quickly and then they grow enormously out of control and gradually one by one I am learning to fight them ( apart from doctors, dentists and being in social situations lol, but they are the biggies lol)
    I think thats enough for one post. I am looking forward to getting to know other members on this site,
    Hugs
    xx

Hi Scatty

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Re: A wee Hello....

Hey Beth, my name is Emma, I'm 33 and I live with my fiancé in Leeds.

Glad to hear you're making progress with getting out and about. All sounds really positive. Have you tried counselling or therapy to ease your social phobias? I've only just started back on the meds and I'm considering counselling as I think the root of my anxiety stems back to when I was younger. I know I'm going to need to work hard to get better. Seems like its an age away at the moment...

Anyway, nice to *see* you on here. Hope to get to know you better soon.

Hugs n stuff
    Curly x

Re: A wee Hello....

Hi and welcome to NMP Paige x

Thread Information