Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Atos Medical Assessments

Re: Atos Medical Assessments

Heard about this on the radio yesterday, the guy who designed the ESA system is saying it's leading to genuinely ill people being denied the benefit

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...t-to-work.html

there was a program on bbc scotland last night about them may see it on i player

Angelai,

That is a sad story and a sad state of affairs. We've just had a program on TV about the system it exposed everything and yet Iain Duncan Smith is on the box today bleating on about getting everyone in work.

The program was called, "Who's Cheating Who?" on BBC 1 Scotland and I think it's available on iPlayer.

john

My friend has a very severely disabled daughter who by no stretch of anybody's imagination would be able to work and yet they wanted to take away her benefits. Fortunately their appeal was successful, but it's an absolute disgrace. As usual, the people who really are ill suffer while no doubt some of the chancers who spoil things for everybody carry on getting away with it

Just watched the link from here...what an awful situation. These assessments don't seem to do enough to allow for mental illness. What's the point of asking a person with mental health problems to bend down and touch their toes or raise their arms and legs in the air? crazy system.

Anna xx

I have to live on £52 a week up to the appeal. This probably will take 8 months. If I win they will have to give me my money back, about £1300. Sounds great but I've been almost suicidal over this rubbish.

I will be in debt by then so it's win or bust. Some folks have been paid compensation so bear that in mind folks.

john

Just wanted to add to this both interesting and depressing thread. It is a utterly insane system that needs scrapping and starting again from scratch, if only common sense ruled the benefits system then it would be a whole lot fairer, instead of penalising those it is easy to bully/intimidate.

I have a medical assessment myself tomorrow afternoon. When I first read this thread earlier today, my stomach tensed up and I started worrying. Now, I'm not so much, I will still be anxious and tense when I go, but all I can do, all any of us can do, is be honest and true to ourselves, and hope for the best.

Hi nervy-paul

My message to people like yourself is brace yourself for a slap in the face when they declare you fit for work. BUT the GOOD news is that when I got my appeal papers the assessor HAD actually put loads of truths in; all that was missing was the crucial points.

This is good because at the appeal the tribunal will see all the health issues I have. Even the fact that I was nervous and tense at the assessment was written down.

So really emphasise your problems because, in the long run, you may well win through.

dj

i think all assesments should be filmed, recorded,, and witnessed,

diaizpam 5mg, as needed.

come on panic attack do your worse,, you can knock me down,, BUT I WILL GET BACK UP AGAIN.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information