Thread: advice required

advice required

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice. I have anxiety and depression and took venlafaxine for 2 months with no affect, I was then put on citalopram for 6 weeks with no effect, the dose was upped to 40mg and I still dont feel any difference apart from maybe a bit more depersonalised. I was referred to psychology and i've had 3 meetings with a cpn but i'm struggling to notice a difference, I have alot of problems eating properly due to a rock bottom self esteem and can go days without anything and the cpn says that until I can get the eating thing sorted I wont be able to deal with anything as this is a basic thing, they also suggested I try a different med, either cipralex or dutoxetine.

Has anyone experience of these, im not sure how different cipralex is to citalopram?

I'm losing faith in things completely, I feel I need a little improvement somewhere to give me the strength to push on.

Thanks.

Re: advice required

some meds dont agree with everyone ,, maybe doc changing them will help, i know you feel like you will never be you again but let me say you will there is a light at the end of this living hell i was where you are now ,,diff meds ,not eating ,,not going out ,, all the things we suffer i had ,, but by believing in myself ,and talking about my problems i am getting there i wouldsay 95% like my old self .. i dont take meds ,, but i do believe they help ,, in lots of cases ,be strong never give up never

Hi d77

What would happen if you didn't put fuel in your car? The car wouldn't work properly, it would get sluggish and eventually ground to a stand still. The body is the same hun, if you are not eating then it effects the body and the mind. We can become sluggish where we can't think properly, rationalize or function on a normal level. Your medication won't work a jott either hun if you are depriving your body of food.

Try to make yourself up a diet sheet which allows you to eat small amounts often. This keeps your body stocked up which will increase your energy levels and allow the mind to work better too.

Hope this helps

Lisa
    xx

Thanks for the replies. I am hoping some new meds will give me the lift I need to start eating again guilt free, im not sure if a dietician could help me. Its almost like I need to give myself permission to eat, wish I could stop thinking so much.

Mirtazapine is a great anti-depressant for increasing appetite and treating insomnia. I've had eating problems and terrible insomnia since my teen years but after a few weeks on these and i was eating well and sleeping better than i'd ever had in my life. For anxiety, Seroxat was the one medication that I've found most helpfull. I've been in and out of therapy for 17 years and been prescribed over a dozen medications for anxiety and depression, but I've only ever found these two medications to be helpfull - most probably saved my life.

Thread Information