Thread: Taking time off

Taking time off

I am in a fair bit of financial trouble at the moment, but this has made me panic about performing at work.
    I feel like I can't face it, but I know if I don't it will be so hard to get back into it.
    My company are not good at "mental" illness and it is always seen a a weakness and only for the soft.

The kids are off school in a week or so and wonder if it is a good idea to take the week off as holiday.

Re: Taking time off

If you think you can get some rest and work on your anxiety, then take some time off. The only problem is is that sometimes it's hard to get yourself back into work. I have been on a medical leave from my job for about 2 months - in the USA you have a law (FMLA) that you can take up to 12 weeks if you have been at a job for at least a year and have worked so many hours. The problem is, is now I am very scared to go back. I need to start thinking about it. I take 1 mg of Ativan in the morning and a .5 at noon. I have bad gaggy feelings in the morning and I can't eat except later in the day so have lost a lot of weight. I am embarassed to go back - people were commenting
    on my weight before I took the leave, I hate to think what they will say now. (I've lost 20 pounds and really look it). So, in some ways I think going back will be good for me - get myself back into work and stop focusing on my panic disorder, but on the other hand, it is a very stressful job and I'm not sure what I will do if I get panic attacks there.
    Anybody have any suggestions? I have a house with bills - live by myself and really need to work.

Thread Information