Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nausea.

nausea.

If my nausea is with anxiety how long can it last and can it be continuous? I have felt continually sick for weeks and always feel full. I am worried because nothing usually knocks me off my food.

Re: nausea.

In 'symptoms' on left of this screen - scroll thro till you get to :-
    Digestive system/Nausea
    thisis taken from that info-
    ""Often you swallow air leading to feeling very nauseous or having a churny tummy produces gas that needs to be burped up.
    You may feel bloated or gaseous, or that there is a lump in your stomach. Sometimes you may feel like you have butterflies in your stomach or that your stomach is tight. Some people refer to it as a 'heavy' stomach. Others experience over acidity or persistent nausea. Sometimes even the thought of eating something will make you nauseous."""
    there is a lot more to this and is very interesting to read. I printed it off and carry copy with me (and copies of other info in Symptoms).
    I also have bought From chemist Sea Bands - they look like sweat bands - they work on the acupunture spot - and help prevent nausea - just a little button presses into the wrist - i never go anywhere without mine.
    Hope this helps
    Best wishes
    June

When I first started with my health anxiety - I constantly felt sick for ages. It took weeks, if not months for it to go away (hence why I didn't think it was from anxiety - which then fed my anxiety!)
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

I know samantha thats just it because i feel sick constantly and have diarrhoea i cant stop thinking its something serious and not anxiety.Its a vicious circle i keep thinking i have calmed down but i know i havent because i still feel all tense and as if i am holding all my stomach tight and i cant seem to relax it.

Hi Zippy - I get diarrohea a lot and I think that I have a little bit of IBS (which flares up from anxiety!)
    ''I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me''
    ~Dr Seuss~

I had my bloods done yesterday and a stool sample sent off.I am also shattered but i cant sleep for more than a few hours and then i wake up feeling sick and cant get back to sleep.

Hi Zippy,
    Sorry you are feeling so ill, i feel sick alot too and i have found somethings that help me.

Firstly, Ginger. Ginger tea is meant to be great for combatting nausea, they use it in alot of anti sickness remedies.
    I havent tried the tea but i do eat & just suck on ginger biscuits when i feel sick. it really helps.
    If you have diareah or an unsettled tummy then eating ginger buscuits helps.
    sometimes if i just feel sick in my throat then i will just sick on ginger biscuits.

Peppermint is also an anti sickness aid. I've started buying pepper mint chewing gum and sweets to help me. You can also buy pepperint tea.

If im really bad, i put on anti sickness bands, they are for travel sickness but i still give it a go.

You need to try and relax too, when you are feeling like this, just stick on a comforting dvd, read some books or magazines, or do puzzles books because if it is anxiety related it will distract your mind from the panic and you'll feel better.
    Theyre also a great distraction even if it isnt anxiety related, because you have something else to focus on other than how ill you feel, and panicking about it will make it feel alot worse too.

Also, have water with you at all times (or a dilute drink), to sip on.
    Stay off milk and fizzy pop though because that makes you feel worse.

Atleast your doctor is aware of how you are feeling now though so you're on your way to finding out the problem and making it better.

take care xxx

I've felt sick everyday for 3 years now due to anxiety, not a day goes by when I don't feel sick. My Dr said it's one of the most common symptoms of anxiety and even though they can't stop it they can give meds to stop you feeling so queasy. I'm on metoclopramide and it's a lifesaver and really stops you feeling sick

hi there, i have felt like this for months now, like there is a lump in my chest, tummy and feel sick more or less all of the time, it is really getting me down and is very uncomfortable, it is the only anxiety symptom i have left, but worried i have something seriously wrong with me :( it is like a fullness/lump in the chest sensation and sometimes burning and feeling sick, not put off my food though, any advice please?? x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information