Thread: IBS or Bowel/Colon cancer

IBS or Bowel/Colon cancer

Could anyone tell me the difference between IBS and bowel or colon cancer before I google it please? For a few weeks now I have been having a day of either normal bowel movements or diarreah followed by 3 days of constipation. Its happening all the time now and I'm freaking out its cancer. I am losing weight hopefully through dieting but I know you lose weight with bowel cancer. Does anyone know if weight loss with cancer is extreme or gradual. I have no blood when I go. Any reply would be mist appreciated. Thank you very much

Re: IBS or Bowel/Colon cancer

I thiink the weight loss with cancer is pretty extreme. It's so much more likely for it to be IBS, I know it's a difficult thing to believe. Does your doctor know? Can s/he reassure you?

Hi PaulR,

I know you may be feeling extremely scared at the moment. I have the same worry, simply because my dad died younger of bowel cancer, but I was only 2 at the time. However, the amount of people I know at the moment, who have completely survived it, is astounding. In today's world of medicine, it's important to remember that cancer isn't a death sentance anymore.

I can't answer your questions but I know that a doctor will most likely have the ability and the know-how to answer them. They can check what you're suffering from and give you a firm diagnosis, aswell as treatment to help. I have IBS and I understand how crazy your bowel movements may be. IBS can be such a pain in the arse.

But best thing to go and do hunni, is to go get some medical advice from a doc, not many of the members within nomorepanic can give out medical advice simply because they don't know it well enough.

Please let us know how you are getting on,

Lots of cuddles,

Chrissy x x

~"...to reaffirm that fundamental truth - that out of many, we are one; that while we breathe, we hope, and where we are met with cynicism, and doubt, and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of a people :
    Yes, We Can!!!! ~

Wolfieeeeee

Going to your Dr will give you peace of mind ,so do go .My Mum had bowel cancer and so did my Mother in law .Both of them lost blood when they went to the toilet . You do honestly sound like you have IBS THO .But you cant get a proper diagnosis on here, thats what your Dr is there for .Please try not to think the worst ,most cases of these sort of problems are IBS .Being anxious makes it worse unfortunately .Try some Baclofen while you wait for the Drs appointment .It s the only thing that works for me when I have a bad bout ...Take care luv Sue x

Thread Information