Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herbal Remedies with Citalopram?

Re: Herbal Remedies with Citalopram?

I took a couple of Kalms Sleep last night (half what they recommend),they seemed to have worked and I've been fine. Does anyone know what the problem is if you take them with Propranolol? Like, what are they supposed to do...

Re: Herbal Remedies with Citalopram?

I'd ask your doctor or a pharmacist to be really sure, but chances are you'll be ok. I'm on propanolol and they are just a way to reduce the adrenaline, they only affect the physical symptoms of anxiety. There are certain things you should avoid when on beta blockers but I don't think stuff like Kalms has the sort of chemicals that would cause any problems with prop.

A pharmacist would be able to advise you on that though, pop into Boots or Lloyds and just ask, they'll be more than happy to offer advice.

Correction: After reading the Cit Survival Guide it seems Kalms may not be the best thing to take with Cit, it might be ok with Propanolol though. As quoted from Psychopoets guide:

"Kalms - Used to lessen mild to moderate stress and anxiety. Available from supermarkets and pharmacists. Some No More Panic users have reported that Kalms (which contain valerian) are effective against anxiety when taken at HALF the stated dose, but taking Kalms is not recommended if you are also using citalopram. Kalms contain a small amount of valerian extract. See valerian extract below.
    Side effects: See valerian extract below.
    Citalopram safe: No - see valerian extract below."
    Last edited by Raindog; 25-05-10 at 13:33. Reason: correction of information

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information