Thread: Hi

Hi

Hi Ive just joined its about time I did as panic attacks are ruining my life Im 25 and for the last 4 years I have had panic attacks everyday some lasting hours, in my sleep. It just feels constant. Im a mother to 2 young girls and they are the only thing that keeps me going but the conctant fear I live in is making my life unbearable. ive seen my doctor tried cbt, antidepressants, cpn appointments nothing seems to be getting through to me. I know in my own mind when Im feeling ok that all these thought and felings are irrational but as soon as an attack comes on its just like my brain shuts my rational thoughts out and goes with the irrational 1s Im having a very bad attack as I write this. My partner doesnt understand at all he jst keeps saying its in my head although hes right I just need a bit of support. Any advice or techniques would be most appreciated I feel like giving up!!

Re: Hi

Hello!
    Welcome to NMP
    I'm sorry you are having such a bad time. I know exactly how you feel. I struggled every day of my life for so long. I still am, but over the last couple of months I have seen definite improvements. Life is not as bleak as it once was. I tried everything except medication as I just didn't want to go down that road. All the information on the left hand side of the screen is very helpful and I suggest you read it all. Also the Claire weekes books, which a lot of people on here refer to as their "bible"! Understanding what causes the way we feel is very important and also relaxation and breathing properly. Do you have relaxation cd's? If not I suggest you get some and make time to use one every day. More than once if possible although I know it's hard when you have children. Breathing properly when feeling panicky definately helps. Diaphramatic breathing not just gulping in air.
    Hope some of this helps. Keep posting I'm sure others will have some good suggestions for you. I always find speaking to people on here helps because they really understand what you're going through whereas often our partners and family just don't get it.
    Love Judy.x

Thread Information