Thread: Can ECGs change in 10 weeks?

Can ECGs change in 10 weeks?

So when all this anxiety started I had bout 4/5 ECGs and told me my heart was all fine just fast from panic. 10 weeks later I'm still getting chest pain in the left side which I've been told is muscular and last 2 weeks or so like bangs in my chest when my anxiety levels are lower than they used to be.

I'll just be sitting not even anxious and I'll get a bang like my hearts tryna escape or somethin and then like a squeezy sensation in left side of my chest which of course makes me panic like mad. So could the ECGs have missed something or could I have got something wrong with my heart in 10 weeks? I've been putting it down to palpitations and muscular pain but really starting to worry me.

Really thought I was gettin so much better til all these chest bangs and squeezy sensations came about.

Re: Can ECGs change in 10 weeks?

Just to reassure you - heart pain is NOT felt in the left side of the chest at all.

It would be central pain if it was the heart.

It sounds more muscular to me to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It could be pleuritic I get left side chest pain and it's my asthma, acid or muscular due to me always tensing that side thru anxiety.
    Also, I have ecgs all the time as I have 2 heart conditions and while there is always a chance of missing something on one it's extremely unlikely on 5!
    And it would be virtually unheard of to develop a life threatening heart condition in 10 weeks, believe me i've seen more cardiologists than I've had hot dinners!

i had no idea, chest pain on the left isnt by the heart? what do you mean by central?

pain over the heart (on the left) does not necesarily mean heart problems.

the heart attack pain is in the middle of the chest

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks for replying guys Really helpful I thought heart pain was your left side so thats gonna be easier to deal with from now on!

When I get the bangs I get them in the centre is that dangerous? And sometimes it hurts in the centre but not for very long its usually jus my left side or left middle just to the side of my left breast. Do you think I should go see my doctor and see if he thinks I should have another?

Like said above, if the pain was in the centre of your chest then it could be caused by your heart. Pain to the left side is not usually connected to the heart. I've had these pains that your describing, seen many doctors and cardiologists and it turned out to be nothing more than muscular pain from unknowingly tensing up when anxious. The chances of missing something on 1 ECG is possible but missing something on 4 or 5... I'd highly doubt it! And there is no way that you have developed something in 10 weeks, no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsJaredLeto View Post
    It could be pleuritic I get left side chest pain and it's my asthma, acid or muscular due to me always tensing that side thru anxiety.
    Also, I have ecgs all the time as I have 2 heart conditions and while there is always a chance of missing something on one it's extremely unlikely on 5!
    And it would be virtually unheard of to develop a life threatening heart condition in 10 weeks, believe me i've seen more cardiologists than I've had hot dinners!
    I hope you don't mind me asking but what heart problems do you have?

If you don't feel comfortable saying then don't feel obliged to. I'm just curious.

Thread Information