Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: panicking away from home...

panicking away from home...

hey everyone,
    am feeling on the edge of panic so thought maybe posting something would help distract me.
    i'm away from home at the moment, visiting my mum and sister abroad. it was my sister's birthday today and we went out to a bar/club - i started feeling awful before we left and by the time we got there it was pretty much full blown panic. i haven't had a panic attack in ages so it really freaked me out.
    anyway, i managed to stay for an hour then i made my excuses and left. i'm back at home now, feeling dizzy and awful. i'm so upset, i feel like i let her down - the main reason i came out here was so i could be here on her birthday as she is having a pretty rough time of it at the moment. now i've let her down and embarassed myself in front of all her friends.
    on top of that, i'm away from home and because i've been feeling much better recently, i didn't really bring any of my panic comforters with me. i'm staying with my mum and my boyfriend and i don't want to let them know how awful i feel. i don't know how to make myself feel better.
    it's just so upsetting and depressing when this happens, i know i should be used to it by now but i'm not. it feels like one step forwards, two steps back. i wish i was at home in my own bed!
    henri

Hugs, Henri,

Remember that you have been there for your sister and that you have not let anyone down.

This PA has really caught you unawares, and that has made it worse for you, especially when you are with people that are dear to you.

Be honest with them, and don't hide the reason why you had to leave early.

These are just small blips you are experiencing and they will fade away. When are you returning to England?

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Hi henri - well done for going when you felt rough and staying as long as you did!

You know it will pass as soon as you let it - no need to be embarassed or feel guilty, you did more than you felt really comfortable with.

It often happens when you really feel you have to do something that, wham, it hits you round the back of the head.... but if you can laugh at yourself and tell everyone the truth you will feel better. If they care about you they will totally understand. The feelings of guilt and embarassment are bound to be prolonging the anxiety..

Remember the panic's the same whereever you are! I wonder where you are? Somewhere warm and pretty? I hope so!

Good luck henri and take care x

fee
    xx

Hey Henri

You did fine. You did enough of the party thing to be ok and the day before it and the next day count too.

Can you figure out what triggered this so you can logically help it on its way...

We're all here for you Henri and you will be ok.

love

Meg

hi henri
    just wanted to say thinking of you...
    you will be ok... and you did really well to go and stay for a while when you were already feeling on edge...
    you have not let anyone down ...you were there for your sister... and like others have said if you can be honest as to why you left early...
    how are you feeling now?
    take care and try to enjoy the rest of your time there...
    rach

Hi henri,

You did fine mate - tell the others how you feel then they won't continue to expect too much of you and that may take some pressure off.

The panics the same mate whether you are at home or away - this is what gets me out and about actually cos I think well if I gonna panic when I am in too then I may aswell panic when I'm out. Although can still only do this approach with company lol!!!

Take care hun - when you coming back???

Piglet xx

PS: your props need only be proper breathing and bottled water.

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Henri

Well done on even going out there in the first place.

Try to be kind to yourself when things get this bad and remember the basic tools that you have like breathing exercises, sipping water, reassuring self-talk.

I hope things are better for you today.

Nicola

hi everyone,
    thank you so much for your replies, you don't know how much they mean to me.
    had a terrible night's sleep but i'm much better now. you know what it's like when it starts spiralling out of control.. i was feeling so dizzy and sick and it just threw me cos i haven't felt like that in months. and i've developed a real health anxiety thing since my panic began, so of course i started thinking there must be something seriously wrong with me, why do i feel so bad, ooh my head hurts, must be serious etc etc.
    but feeling much better now. back home tomorrow and really looking forward to it!
    henri x
    ps meg, i've been trying to work out the triggers. i think it was a combination of really deep-seated things that i can't even describe or grasp myself and that would probably take years of therapy to sort out!

Hi henri, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better today, take care.xxxxxxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Ummm, heritage stuff unearthed on going back to an important party maybe.

Doesn't matter - soon be home

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information