Thread: Feeling desperate

Feeling desperate

Hello. New to this really. Been on citalopram for couple of months now for depression. Was starting to feel ok but feeling awful today. Don't know why. Don't want to even think about the future. In a new job, only don't know if I'll be any good at it. Just seems massive pressure which I can't stand. Just feel like I did a couple of months ago. I thought I was getting better, what's gone wrong? Should I just stop whining? Bloody awful feeling.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Feeling desperate

Sounds like you're having a bit of a blip which is common Kris, so don't beat yourself up about it. Coming here and getting things off your chest is what the forum is all about, and being supported along the way.

A couple of months is not long enough to be "cured" in any way. I don't think the meds do that in any case. Keep going and the good days will become more frequent; but expect some bad ones along the way too. It's all part of the recovery process.

Welcome to the forum Kris.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thankyou. It did feel better just writing down how I feel. But don't want to moan really. At work today, having an ok day but pretending to be more happy than I actually feel!
    Looking forward to going home!
    Thanks again.

Hi Kris
    Don't worry about moaning, this is the best place to have a good moan, we're all using it for that. Getting things out of your head can help, stops them spinning around in there with no outlet so feel free to have a good vent, it's just like counselling, except there are more of us to offer bits of advice.

Try having a read of the Citalopram Survival Guide, it's got loads of useful info, good read.

Thread Information