Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: coming off cipralex

coming off cipralex

Has anyone on here come off cipralex and if so how long does it take to come off them? i am on 10mg and i am looking to come off mine i know i will have to drop down to 5mg first but how long do you have to stay on 5mg for until you can just not take anymore pills?
    And has anyone experienced some bad withdrawal effects coming off them?

Hi, I have recently come off them and it took me a good 3 months to come off them but it was only when i felt i was totally ready and in control if things that i decided to come off. I had tried once before but wasn't really ready it was just a decison i took.
    I didn't have a great time time comming off them but knew that i didn't need them any more so i was determined to do it.
    While i was taking them they deffo helped me, but now i feel strong and in control i no longer need them.
    I deffo had some horrid mood swings, happy to depressed to aggressive, wether that was just me comming out who knows lol.
    I think that if you feel you no longer need them anymore then the decison is there to come off them but get as much advice and support as you can get to help you. Take care Tara x

Andrew,

Just one question - Why are you thinking of coming of the meds when you are still posting about how bad you are feeling?

Would it not make more sense to wait until your anxiety is under control before you stop the meds?

Trac x

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Andrew

I totally agree with Trac - I have just replied to one of your other messages where you seemed to be have difficulty dealing with your anxiety symptoms that I am amazed to read this message saying you want to reduce your meds.

Try to take one step at a time Andrew. Once you can learn to live with anxiety more you will find it easier to reduce then you can talk to your GP about reducing your meds.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Andrew, everybody is different and your GP will advise about coming off, whatever you do dont do it alone, Ive just made that mistake.Take care.xx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

My new doctor wants me to come off this medication as she says that i have been on it too long now (only 20 months or so).

I would like to see how i feel etc when coming off the pills, i might feel better or i may feel worse, but it looks like my doctor is going to start weening me off the pills soon over a gradual period of around 3-5 months.

Hi Andrew,

Good luck with coming off the meds, as long as you follow your doctors advice I am sure it will be fine hun.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi Andrew,

Good luck with coming off the meds, as long as you follow your doctors advice I am sure it will be fine hun.

Take care

Trac xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by trac67 - 28 February 2006 : 09:39:53</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Thanks for the reply trac67 i am abit worried of whay symptoms of might get when coming off like withdrawal etc but hopefully it will be ok.

Andrew

Do it very slowly and take your time. There is no rush is there.

In the meantime look at what needs improving in your life to help you cope when you come off.

You need to make lifestyle changes now so it will be easier.

Nicola

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information