Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: positivr vibes please

Lots of love and luck guys today

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sending loads of posative vibes your way to you both...
    you can do...
    let us know how you get on
    take care
    rach

I guess you have both done it now?

How did it go?

Nicola

well I DID IT. I decided not to walk but i went on my bike. it was like getting ready for an expedition!!! having to get all my stuff ready to change into when i got to work. my other half was on the phone if i needed him.

I got there no problems although i could not talk or breath properly only due to the fact that i had just climbed a steep hill!!![Wow!][Wow!]

i feelt ok all day at work until about 4.45 when i started to get ready to come home and i thought what if the chain comes off and i'll be in the middle of work and home. anyway off i went (down hill this time yipee) I changed gear at a big roundabout and guess what yes thats it the chain fell off. This time i did not panic i just crossed the road from the middle of the roundabout (i tell you i had to laugh) to the pavement pushing the bike, what a sight. anyway i thought well thats it i'll have to push it all the way home then i remembered my other half telling me what to do to put in back on so thats what i did.

i got back on my way again and felt exilerated when i got home, going for it again tomorrow. once ive got used to the bike i am then going to walk. taking one small step at a time

thanks for all your positive vibes the worked thanks a lot keep them up for me all week.

thanks bobsy

well done new you could do it. and to have fun as well , how did that feel. i used to cycle to work b4 too many kids and health anxiety took over its a fantastic feeling of freedom isnt it.

took my 3 year old twins to first day of school today and thought about you on the way, well done

jackie

Hi Bobsy,

Well done for what you achieved, you did so well, especially on the way home with your chain coming off, you didn't panic you just got on and did what needed to be done.

Enjoy the feeling of success you deserve it.

Take care

Tracxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Fantastic news !!

You kept calm in the moments you were most scared of so that was fabulous progress.

Very well done

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hey Guys,

I hang my head in shame as I bottled it... (sorry Bobsy). I want to do this so much but when it comes to it i just feel i can't. Its like i dont trust myself enough to give it a go.

I do want to regain a bit of independance, but am so scared to take that initial step.

Well done Bobsy, very proud of you, you are doing brilliantly well.

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Well done Bobsy. Think of it as a blessing that your chain fell off!!! It gave you a chance to practice everything. You now know that even when your most feared things happen you can deal with them.

Tracey, don't be hard on yourself or use words like shame. They will just generate negative thoughts about yourself which is not helpful.
    Look on the positive side. You thought about going and doing it which is a good start. Even that decision in your mind takes alot when you suffer anxiety.
    Can I suggest you break it down and tackle each bit at a time? You have a target of doing the school run as your long term goal.
    Why not break it right down into small manageable bits. I don't know you to be able to suggest exactly what those bits are.

Remember big steps are only lots of little steps joined together!!

Have a think how you could break it down maybe?

Cheers,
    Trev

Bobsy well done mate

Trac I agree with Trev, how could you break this down into more managable chunks.

You know how I started getting back out by doing it at night. I can do the post box and neighbouring roads on my own at night now but do need company the rest of the time.

You know I totally identify with you on this, so lets see if we can't find a way forwards for you in little steps.

Hug

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information