Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: positivr vibes please

Thanks Trev, and Piglet,

Perhaps i should try doing the school run in the dark or something? I think my biggest problem is I still am very fearful that i might get half way there and panic and then not be able to get myself home. I know this is not true, but so hard to overcome.

I will have a think this afternoon for some ideas!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Hey,

Just a quick update - I just got back from school, and i WALKED there and back with my mate. First time i went without car in months! SO a bit of progress maybe?!!!!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Hi Tracy,

Yes, definately progress! Well done! Maybe this is one of those small steps which will build up for you. Kepp it up!

Well done to you also Bobsy.

Tammy x

That's definately progress hun - a big well done.

Perhaps you could keep doing that for now until it becomes comfortable - don't move off from it until you are really happy about it.

I smiled when you said about getting half way as that is exactly how I feel too. What about practising this at night and again break it down, maybe the first goal could be a quarter of the way there or less if that seems too much and just keep doing that again until you are comfortable and then increase it when you are.

Between doing the day stint walkin with a pal and doing the gradual bit at night on your own your confidence will pick up.

Don't put a time limit it on it - it's good to have an end goal in sight but it doesn't matter how long it takes to reach it.

Well done mate

Bobsy how you getting along today????

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

well i did it again and my chain kept on phew.

well done tracy you did it today. together we will get there slow but sure. pm me if you what to talk.

I am going to bike it for a while until i can do it slowly and not go like a bat out of hell.

Trev, meg. piglet, tracy and everyone thanks very much for all your support it keeps me going and gives me loads of encouragement.

i too like tracy dont like the half way point i worry if i am going to panic and not get to destination or make it back home and worry i am going to be stuck at that point but so far have managed one way or another.

has anybody got any tips to conquer this point

thanks thanks thanks

bobsy

Well done Both of you

Thats really tremendous !!

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Lol Bobsy - we have talked about this half way point before haven't we.

I guess you could try going as near to the half way point as you can then come back and keep trying that until you can get past it.

I think I may try this too.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Well done both of you!!!

I went on the bus by myself for the first time in ages last week. Then realised I'd got the wrong one! Right destination but scenic route i didn't know. Just kept calm and told myself I'd get there in the end, and it was fine. Next day, had to get bus somewhere else and guess what, got the wrong one again!!! [Duh!] Turned out ok in the end tho! Be proud of each achievement and build on it, even if some days you can't do what you've done before, you have done it and you will do it again.

Well done again

Pennie

"If you wait until you become perfect before you love yourself, you'll waste your whole life. You're already perfect right here and right now." Louise L Hay

Tracy, well done. It's more than a bit of progress, it's superb.
    The steps can be as small or as big as you want. Piglet sums it up nicely. Daily and gradual are key. As your confidence grows, so your steps grow. But you really do need the repetition of doing something for it to become embedded in your mind that you know you can do it.

Bobsy, well done as well. You are really motoring now. I know exactly what you mean about that fear of the mid point. The way to lose it is to take the importance away from it. If you can ignore it and try and focus on something else then all well and good. I know this is hard so another way might be to change how you look at the journey. You are no more safe at home than you are at your destination. The mid point plays on our feeling of a safe zone. We think "I can always get back to safety if only I don't go past the mid point".
    Doing the trip over and over is the best way to PROVE to ourselves that this mid point has no real relevance. Once we have been past it many times we KNOW that we will be ok. As we gain the confidence from this knowledge the mid point seems to matter less and less until, in time, it no longer enters our head before we set out.
    This won't change overnight. So we need to be patient but persistent.

Keep up the good work and you will be gaining all the time.

Cheers,
    Trev

Well done you two, more positive vibes being sent to keep you going,xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information