Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: positivr vibes please

Hi Mate

You are doing really well, and have come a long way, be proud of yourself !!!!!!

I enjoy our MSN chats, we help each other mate, so thankyou too

Love

Tracey xxxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Wow Bobsy

Well done you - you sneaky thing doing this all behind our backs!

I am so proud of you and keep it up and let us know how it goes.

Nicola

Hi all

Just thought i would give you an update. Since posting as you may be aware tracy's pc is down so im on my own for the moment.

Tracey i would like to thank you for your support and our laughs on msn i think we need them. lol

Anyway been doing a little bit more. still trying to walk to work and other day walked home but did not like it. Been driving a little bit further each week with no panics - i keep waiting for them. been into town on saturday with my son and no panics was fine but was still waiting for them.

My homework from my counsellor is to set myself goals and how i am going to manage them. I did the first one yesterday. I had to drive down these certain roads so i did it yesterday with my other half following me in other car about three or so cars back. did have anxiety but no panics. Anyway I got a big cocky and decided to carry on as i felt ok and before i knew it i was nearing a roundabout which took me into town and omg busy traffic lights and loads of cars and people. Once i was there i knew i should not have carried on and just done what counsellor had suggested but i no what i am like. anyway did not panic as i knew my other half was three or so cars behind me I DID IT and was very chuffed with myself.

I have also been for a massage and foot massage for one hour on my own for the first time in about 2 years. [Wow!][Yeah!] and booked to go again - am i mad!!!!

Tonight I had to go to a meeting on my own I could have chose not to go but i did and i stayed for 2 hours with my son on my own. i just thought well if i panic i would just have to tell one of the other committee members and they would sort me out but hey i didn't.

I seem to have come on very well but my main problem at the moment is i still sometimes darent do things and go places on my own JUST IN CASE I PANIC but more often than not when i do go i dont panic. Its like im waiting for it to come. I sometimes wish I would panic so i know how to deal with it when it appears because Im frightened of it happening when i least expect it and it makes me frightened again. When i do panic it frightens me that its allcome back again and i darent do things again. I hate set backs

Sorry to ramble on but any advice would be appreciated on this

thanks for reading

take care bobsy

Winners never quit, and quitters never win

Last paragraph totally me too Bobsy!!!

I think this will come with time mate - as you tackle and learn to enjoy rather than endure these things your confidence will return. I don't think it a quick fix thing it's more of a over time bonus thing.

You are doing really great so just keep on doing what your doing

Love Piglet xxx

Give my best to Tracey too and tell her I hope the computer is better soon and I do think of her doing the school run often

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks for message piglet.

I suppose it will come in time but has anybody else any advice PLEASE Im struggling

bobsy

Hi Bobsy,

Firstly, I enjoy our chats too, and the past few weeks that I have been feeling 'yuk' you have been brilliant, so thanks mate.

With the not doing things because you are scared you might panic, the only way to overcome this is to actually go and do them, and prove to yourself that nothing is going to happen to you, it is overcoming the fear. You can do it, look at everything that you have achieved in the past few months, you have done things that you never thought you would be able to do.

Keep plodding on mate, your getting there !!!

Love

Tracey xxx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hiya Bobsy

Wow you have been busy haven't you?

I used to have a boyfriend follow me home from work just in case I panic'd and then he would be there to look after me and then one day he upped and went and I knew that I had to carry on without him.

But I did it. I soon realised that I didn't need him following me as it came from within me to do these things and it didn't matter whether he was there or not because what was going to happen would happen.

You can always call someone if you feel bad - they don't have to be with you or following behind you. Just the having someone there will be enough and knowing that you have that to fall back on should help a lot.

It will come in time - it is just practise and knowing that you can do it alone and at the end of the day you are already doing it alone in one way.

Believe in yourself and you will get there. Good luck and wish you all the best.

Nicola

thanks trace and nic it means a lot to me for all your support. Sometimes i can do things without thinking about it too much and other times i struggle but i presume this is normal. I am going to try and do my drive again but this time leave my other half at home and at least that is another step forward dont you think.

thanks again for replying - nic how you getting on with your driving pm and let me know.

take care

bobsy

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information