Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaw Clenching & pain in neck / throat & chin area

Re: Jaw Clenching & pain in neck / throat & chin area

I have the same problem tight jaws and chin and back of neck
    Do you think it is tmj does it feel tight when you swallow
    It scares me so much

Hi Hendry can you tell me what the outcome was I have the same problem as you terrible neck face chin pain was it tmj please help,
    Jackie37

Hi Jackie,

I get this so you're not alone. This is an old thread (look at the dates) so you're unlikely to get a response from some of the members.

I think you'll find that if you start a new thread, you'll get a response from other sufferers.

Take care

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am adding a Canadian to this mix as I to am a long time grinder and clincher. I also have PTSD and my anxiety is high now so l find myself constantly tense all over even in my sleep. Very painful in the neck ,jaw, head and back, everything is hard and spasms. When I work out its crazy sore but I cannot stop my workouts. I am just tense tense tense grrr so happy to here every ones story ,thought I was inflicted with some freaky illness. This makes better sense but wow the pain,all from tension and grinding.

Hi Hendry can you tell me what was the outcome of your problems
    I am very keen to know I have similar problems

Hi All,
    i desperatley have been searching google for symptom checkers. i have pain in my ear and down my neck and along my jaw bone. sometimes down to my collar bone, a little trouble swallowing sometimes. Sadly i am a smoker. I know i have been suffering health anxiety but this time i do not know if my symptoms are just a result of anxiety. Muscle tension/spasms etc, etc. So many websites give you the symptoms but how can we be sure. I am actualy going to go to the doctors about this one. Google is the worst thing for symptom checking as it will drive you to think you have the dreaded cancer if you have the pains i have described above. that doesnt helpwhen you suffer health anxiety as my fear is if i go to the doctor he or she will tell me my worst nightmare.
    if it is health anxiety symptoms, why and how does it affect my ear, jaw, neck/throat. Are there anxiety/panic counsellors here to explain how the panic affects this areas as that MIGHT help me understand. My accupressurist explained the tightness around my back and how the muscles are connected around the chest and back so that made sense. If there is an expert on anxiety symptoms on this thread can they explain this to me please and that might put my mind at rest.
    Thank you from an obsessed person with crippiling symptoms

Here is a link to a thread I posted recently about what helps me with jaw tension / clenching. I hope it helps

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=125322

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information