Thread: Flying!!

Flying!!

I'm going on holiday next week and i've never felt this bad about flying before i get anxious but at the moment i feel panicky about it worse i've felt, i have this image in my head of being completely trapped and running out of air.

Re: Flying!!

Hi H , Go to your doctor and see if you can get anything to calm you just for the flight. Enjoy your holiday , use it as time to really chill out
    Paige xx

what do u think thay would be able to give me? my doctor will never give me diazepam even tho i have felt so panicky lately i'm hoping he might maybe give me some just for the flight. x

High, not sure how to help, as I really love flying. I always get a window seat though, I hate sitting where I cannot see outside. Maybe try that, getting a window seat, so at least you can look out and a totally open view?

Hope you have a great holiday!

* A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single footstep *

* The only constant in life, is change *

I'm sure he will prescribe 2 just for flight H , hey you can only ask . What about rescue remedy , have you ever tried that ?

My doctor is very cautious about prescribing diazepam too, but he lets me have a small dose for especially nerve-wracking events or for travelling. I know exactly how you must be feeling - I am absolutely terrified of flying too. It's a fear I really want to conquer, as I'm sure being able to fly without fear must be so liberating.

Hi H,

I'm flying trans-atlantic next week and the headaches and anxiety have started already!! Rescue remedy is a good help for me, this time I do have a couple of Diazapam (I was given some when I had sciatica, never dared take many) My doctor is also cautious about them, but has said two will do.
    Good luck and have a great holiday!!

Hello.....I used to be terrified of flying,for years i would get the train and bus from Cairns to sydney,a trip that would by air only take 4and a half hours,by train it took 48 hours,I used to be stuffed by the time i arrived.But now i can handle it with the help of some nice little pills the doc gave me,I just came back from Dubai and was scared shitless,due to the weather,but lucky I had a night flight I took my pills and slept like a baby,also take a Relaxation tape that helped me.Have a lovely holiday and take care.
    Rhonda x

Thread Information