Thread: Need advice about meds...plz

Need advice about meds...plz

I used to be on Paxil for anxiety and depression, then went off it when my depression seemed to pass and my panic attacks lessoned. Since then I have been taking Clonazapam, which I find very effective for my panic attacks. Recently I began having major panic attacks again, and just a few days ago I had one that lasted 3 days. It would range in intensity for the 3 days, but I only had about 6 hours sleep between the two nights...at the most (usually I like to sleep 8 hours sometimes 10), and I had to go to school and my head was pounding the whole time, my body was exhausted and my chest felt like it was going to cave in...and I had no meds. Even sleeping pills had NO effect. I went to emerg at the hospital and they refered me to a psychiatrist. He diagnosed me with Panic Disorder and suggested I go on Paxil again. I told him I didn't want to. I had black outs sometimes when I was on Paxil if I had a few drinks at night (not always), and I heard a lot of bad things about it. He told me that what I heard was not true. I am still taking clonaxapam too.
    I was just wonderng what other drugs are out there that are like paxil, that are meant to prevent panic attacks. Just thinking about taking Paxil makes me feel anxious.
    What have you heard about Paxil?
    I would appreciate any advice.[:X]

Imipramine, one of the older antidepressants is very good for panic attacjks

Thread Information