Thread: Awareness of body parts

Awareness of body parts

Hey all,
    As I've written before my huge HA fear is vCJD which I have been worried about for 8 years. For the past two months my anxiety has become particularly bad due to a stressful time at university and I became convinced I had vCJD. I have been feeling better recently after starting to take escitalopram but Ive been suffering a bit of a relapse. Whilst visiting the doctor last week she gave me some information on vCJD in order to show to me just how rare the disease is but unfortunately it also included a list of symptoms. One of these symptoms was pain and strange sensations in limbs. Since then I have been incredibly aware of my hands and feet and have worried about it so much that I have begun to struggle sleeping and this is only making my anxiety worse. I do have a little pain in my limbs but this is normal as I am quite active and have always had bad wrists due to playing too many videogames as a kid. Has anyone else suffered from this awareness of a body part and what did you do to break this cycle?
    Thanks

Re: Awareness of body parts

Hi there,

I suffer from exactly the same thing however I dwell on every pain I get and think there is somethign wrong with me. I went through a phase of convincing myself I had appendicitis after having pain in my lower right hand side, which sadly has came back again and the vicious circle returns! I constantly seek re-assurance from everyone and sometimes it's hard to get the bad thoughts out of your head. I am currently in the process of CBT. PErhaps you could try this?

Natalie x

hey. Wots vcjd? hope ur feeling better soon

Its an unbelievably rare disease (it kills one person a year according to the stats the doc gave me) that was a massive health scare story in the uk in the nineties around the time I was seven. My mum freaked out about it at the time and as such I have had a lifelong fear of it!

Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease, it was a big story in the early 90's, it followed the BSE (Mad Cow) scare when they found it had migrated across to humans. To be honest I've never heard of anyone really contracting it, as mentioned above there are very few cases each year and chances are most of those were exposed during the early 90's since, we would hope, that measures have been taken to reduce or eliminate the chances of eating meat infected with BSE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzf...3Jakob_disease

oh i no wot u mean now iz it the same az bse.coz i havnt eaten beef since that mad cow thing. X

Thread Information