Thread: need some advice

need some advice

Hello everyone,
    I have been trying really hard recently to get back on track after a set-back over xmas. I was doing really well. I am having a really rough day today however. Its the first day of my period and I am particulary down, on top of this my husband said he wanted to split up at the weekend and then took back what he said after he thought about it. Now and again he goes into moods, says all sorts of horrible things only to say sorry 5 mins later. Saying sorry doesn't help me though - I am left reeling and upset over his comments. My daughter has been off school today as she is unwell. I took her to the shop for some fresh air (also for my benefit) - but ended up in a right panic. When I am on a period, its always 10 times worse. I'd like to know if those who have recovered ever suffered panic at the time of their period and if so, do they have periods now without any problems? Sometimes I wonder if its me or the periods which are causing such distress. I also feel particulary tearful - I am not normally tearful. Please offer some advice - I really need it. By the way, my husband still doesn't know about my anxiety and panic. I daren't tell him now, he would definately divorce me.
    Hope to hear off anyone who is reading,
    Fradycat. x

Hello Spacecadet,
    Thanks for your reply! I am feeling a little better now. I haven't told my husband (even though I have been suffering for over 5 years now) because he simply wouldn't understand. He has got no time for people who 'suffer with their nerves' - he thinks they are just attention seeking! Eventhough he is a proper a*sehole at times (well, a lot of the time!), I sometimes wish I was more like him. He has such a strong personality and never seems to lose control - he never gets anxious about anything. What really annoys me is that when I am tired it always equals anxiety/panic, yet when he is tired, he just gets lethargic and relaxed! How is that? I often look back to when I was a child and wish I still had the same perspective on life. Taking each day as it comes and enjoying all new experiences - I didn't have flamin' periods then either! I am still battling with myself as to whether its my period that has made me feel rotten today or whether its my over-reaction to them and total awareness of being on a period! I wish there was a way of stopping them altogether - I am on the pill at the moment, it makes them very light but doesn't seem to have any effect on the psycological side of things. I'm going in the bath now to chill (or at least try to!)
    Speak to you soon,
    Fradycat x

Fradycat

I think I am one of the lucky ones as I never had more problems before or during my period (well not that I ever linked anyway).

I am sorry to hear that hubbie is not very supportive and you feel unable to tell him about your problems - that must be really hard for you to cope with this all alone. We are always here if you need a friendly chat ok?

Hope you feel better after the chill in the bath.

Nicola

Thread Information