Thread: Anxiety over being tired?

Anxiety over being tired?

Good morning,

For the last few months i have been tired a lot i can have 8 hours sleep come down stairs have drink then be so tired i go back to sleep for like another 2 hours! I also have waves of tiredness were i can be sat down and i will feel so tired that i think i am going to fall to sleep there and then.

I suffer with IBS and Acid reflux which is what increases my anxiety ten fold and i was wondering is the anxiety thats make me tired or could i have something serious that the doctors have missed because i have a dull bellyache alot of the time with very bad constipation?

They have put me on 20mg Citaprolam a day because i have been so low with all of this i no this can make you tired but i was tired before i went on it?

Thanks Sarah

Re: Anxiety over being tired?

hi hun, i would say it is down to how u r feeling, anxious etc, also IBS and having constipation will make u feel tired and have bellyache cos i get that too.

Also the meds will make u tired too, just try and relax alittle and i'm sure things will settle down for you. hugs xx

Citalopram did that to me too. So dont worry, its more than likely the pills making your problem feel worse.
    I would wake up at 1pm, get up then back to bed till 4pm. Then up for a few hours and back to a full nights sleep again. When the tiredness hit I was powerless to stop it, I just had to sleep.
    Ive since swapped to another antidepressant and Im feeling so much better! I still sleep more than 8 hours a night, but I dont nap at all during the day!

Hi Sarah. My hubby had the same issues with anxiety over his fatigue. He went to the doc and when he ruled everything out for him the fatigue disappeared.. it was a symptom of his anxiety.

I also suffer from GERD.. today has been particularly bad because I started my anti anxiety meds If it's not one thing it's another! But your fatigue could very well be from your anxiety issues as well as your new meds.

Thread Information