Thread: Menopause? One for the ladies...

Menopause? One for the ladies...

Hi all,

Have any of you ladies investigated whether your panic attacks/anxiety and some of your other symptoms might be connected to the menopause?

Re: Menopause? One for the ladies...

Yes lots of us are aware of this. I also had alot of tension and anx pre-menopause and before this leading up to my periods too. Most of us of peri-menopausal age (usually noticable during our 40s) during menopause(usually 50s) and beyond have made the connection...

Anna xxx

Hi Brunette,
    Tell me about it. I had a meno breakdown 7 months ago. still off work.
    Jean

Hi Brunette

Same here, didn't put it down to that but now realise that lots of my anxiety/panic problems have been due to my menopause. Started menopause at 50 and 12 years later I'm still having the hot flushes!! Well I think they are flushes due to the menopause but wonder sometimes if they are anxiety hot flushes :-) Never taken anything for the menopause but now take meds for anxiety/panic. It's lovely being a woman :-)

Jannie x x

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

This is something that has just begun to dawn on me. I am 44 and prior to last summer the only time I ever went to the doctors was for smear tests and family planning.

Since then I have been with panic attacks/anxiety and a bad bout of thrush - this has been coming and going since September. Since about that time I have also skin problems as well as a bout of cystitis earlier in the year.

I have a family planning appointment today and I was going to ask the nurse if the thrush/skin thing could be down to my current contraceptive but it did occur to me that everything taken together could actually be a sign of the menopause. I will ask and see what she says.

They say a reliable guide is when you mum went through it but she didn't, she had a hysterectomy at around 40 for endometriosis so I donlt know whether it might be or not.

I don't have hot flushes or anything like that at the moment, thank goodness!

Same here went through early meno on hrt taken off suddenly after breast cancer scare 5 years ago at approx 50 went to meno clinic yesterday put back on by brilliant Doctor hope this sorts me out a bit she said if you take HRT up to age of 50 it doe's not count also looking for advice if i can take an AD at the same time to calm me down more until i even out. All you ladies should try the Menopause Matters site it is amazing and has so much useful information on it and the ladies on there are amazing so helpful a real scream is had by all.

What site is that?

Errm, well it could be the Menopause Matters site jo..about the menopause lol!

Anna xxx

Thanks.

Yep I'm with you all.I have been on HRT for 6years and still get hot flushes,cranky and irritable,wish it would hurry up stop.
    Rhondax

Thread Information