Hi guys, a new member here from Kent, nice to meet you all

I'm not sure people normally write as much as this, but here's me...

I've always suffered from anxiety and a touch of OCD, I've also tended towards depression at times, so I was very grateful to find this site, which has some great information and tips, recommended by my Occupational Therapist.

I really look forward to putting some of it into practice, especially the natural remedies and I'm hoping to try Reiki, as I'm absolutely sick of where I am right now!

I became clinically depressed and my anxiety developed into full-blown Panic Disorder a few years ago, when I'd given up work to look after and help two desperately sick parents (one of whom sadly passed away three years ago). I used (too much!) alcohol to deal with the stress and sadness.

The anxiety and depression came and went, until the autumn of '08, when my then-girlfriend caused me an incredibly traumatic series of events. Daily panic attacks and no support from my GPs led me to drink horrendous amounts, and I got myself into all sorts of trouble with that...

I've tried ADs in the past but suffered such terrible side effects that my doctors agree they don't suit me. Unfortunately I've been stuck on diazepam for about seven months now, which I've been trying to come off, but the last few weeks have been unbearable so my use has gone up again...

Hopefully some of the natural remedies on here will help me in a more healthy way to deal with my crippling anxiety. I'm also waiting for CBT which I'm really hopeful about.

Depression's not a problem right now, and I've dealt with my drinking problem through medication (so might be able to advise others about that?) and am now able to drink pretty normally, though still a bit more than I'd like.

Well, that's my fascinating story, haha!

I'd like to thank the people who kindly created this site, and again, very nice to meet you all here, and I look forward to reading a lot of the topics