Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Married tomorrow and so many panic attacks!!

Getting Married tomorrow and so many panic attacks!!

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some helpful words or tips. I am getting married tomorrow to the most wonderful man and it should be the happiest day of my life, but again panic attacks have reared their ugly head. Since yesterday it has been non stop panic. My stomach is in knots and I am constantly on the toilet and can't bring myself to eat anything. I know I should eat and I am kinda putting pressure on myself to eat which is making it worse as I think that if I don't eat I will feel horrible. I have just forced myself to eat some porridge and have a camomile tea which has taken the edge off the panic.
    My bridesmaid and I are going to a spa hotel nearby this afternoon for what is supposed to be some relaxation before the big day. We are also staying at the hotel tonight and then making our way over to the venue tomorrow morning. The more I think about tomorrow the more I get super scared. I have had panic now for 10 years and nothing bad as ever happened you would think that I would know by now that it is just an unpleasant feeling which won't hurt me but nothing seems to calm me down.
    Any advise/help would be grately appreciated.
    Many thanks xx

Re: Getting Married tomorrow and so many panic attacks!!

Congratulations for your wedding day how lovely you are spending the afternoon at the spa with your bridesmaid , can i just say that any bride will be feeling similar to you today ,tomorrow is going to be a big day for you so you are bound to feel anxious but please try and relax and enjoy it . Have you got some rescue remedy spray ?? that helps me in stressfull times

Last sat my friends daughter got married and she was in a real state for days before the big day (BRIDEZILLA ) her mum called her and was sure everthing was to much , but come the day she was fine and enjoyed it all

Please try some lovely slow breathing relaxing music and you will be fine.

Have a Fantastic day xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by moomin123 View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could offer me some helpful words or tips. I am getting married tomorrow to the most wonderful man and it should be the happiest day of my life, but again panic attacks have reared their ugly head. Since yesterday it has been non stop panic. My stomach is in knots and I am constantly on the toilet and can't bring myself to eat anything. I know I should eat and I am kinda putting pressure on myself to eat which is making it worse as I think that if I don't eat I will feel horrible. I have just forced myself to eat some porridge and have a camomile tea which has taken the edge off the panic.
    My bridesmaid and I are going to a spa hotel nearby this afternoon for what is supposed to be some relaxation before the big day. We are also staying at the hotel tonight and then making our way over to the venue tomorrow morning. The more I think about tomorrow the more I get super scared. I have had panic now for 10 years and nothing bad as ever happened you would think that I would know by now that it is just an unpleasant feeling which won't hurt me but nothing seems to calm me down.
    Any advise/help would be grately appreciated.
    Many thanks xx
    hi moomin,pre wedding nerves is whats happening here hun,youll be fine,getting married and moving house is said to be 2 of the most stressfull times for us all,and boy arnt they!.its only natural to feel as jittery as you are,the spa will do you the world of good,you enjoy girl.and congratulations for tomorrow,whoop,whoop.xxxx.

you will be fine everyone gets nervous its normal enjoy your spa and relax xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We've all seen those videos on telly where the bride or groom get their words muxed ip, or they cry, or are shaking like a leaf as they say their vows...it really is a normal reaction even for people who don't normally panic. And as you know by now with us anxies, the thought of it is always worse than the action. Once you're in the middle of it you'll cope fine and won't really have time for a panic! Even if people can see that you're nervous they'll expect it and understand, its a big day for anyone.

Have a few glasses of bubbly and enjoy the day. Many congratulations

Anna xxxxxxx

Congratulations ! I got married last year and i to had the jitters beforehand. but thats only natural ! I don't think i've met a bride yet who hasn't been nervous . I am going to a wedding myself today and i spoke to the bride earlier and she is a wreck. But hun just do your deep breaths and you will be ok , get support from your bridesmaid , it's only a joining of matrimony not anything bad !! After you will wonder why you got into such a state lol .
    Keep calm , keep focused on being happy, do the breathing and you will be ok .
    I would like to wish you both good luck for tomorrow and the future,
    Let us know how you get on, I wish you well
    Paige xxx

Hi, I got married last Sept and was worried about being anxious the whole time.
    In fact I was so caught up in the actual day that my anxiety didnt really appear until the party at the end, which I left early. Regret it now, but its what I felt I had to do.
    Just tell yourself to get through the important bits like the ceremony and then from then on in you can leave if you really need to.
    Congratulations and I hope you do have a lovely day!

The spa will really help relax you Moomin,

Enjoy it and have a lovely day tomorrow

xxx

Hi moomin

It's normal to feel apprehensive & jittery before your wedding. All that preparation and the build up to it etc.. you just want everything to go well don't you? And it will!!!

Enjoy your spa and tell yourself how much you deserve to have a wonderful wedding day.

Congratulations and best wishes xx

Hope your wedding went well, which im sure it did. Congratulations to both of you xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information