Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beta blocker, propranolol 10mg????!!!??

beta blocker, propranolol 10mg????!!!??

Hello everone, hope you are all well.
    Just wondering if anyone could help, I hope a small break through may have been made today, as I saw a GP this afternoon who was so understanding of the way im feeling, and how neverous and worried that I always seen to be. Any way to get to the point he gave me some beta blockers today to help with Anxiety they are called Propranolol 10mg - does any one have these? do they help?

Many Thanks Guys

Diane

Re: beta blocker, propranolol 10mg????!!!??

I was just about to ask near enuff the same question I have been fibrin propranolol but mine are 80mg am scared to take them tho I have a bad fear of hart attacks and am worried my hart my go to slow or what the side effects are whats your fellings on them? X

I've been on Propanolol and they're ok, they mainly deal with the physical aspects of anxiety, such as reducing the amount of adrenaline flooding your system, in the hopes that this will help reduce the overall effects. They aren't bad but I had to move up to anti depressants since they weren't dealing with the mental part of my anxiety or depression well enough. I have been using them to help reduce my heightened anxiety until the anti-d's begin to fully work though, so it's worth giving them a try for a week or two.

They don't have a lot of side effects from what I understand and are easy to get off as they aren't addictive in any way. I didn't notice much in the way of anything during the week I took them 3 times a day so not much to worry about really.

Was your doseage 10mg? Wonderwhy I have 80mg?

That is the same is me, I really want to help control this anxiety but really scared that i may have a heart attack or some kind of heart problem, and that my heart rate will drop so much it will stop.

Di xx

It's crazy isn't it the doctor tells you to tale the bu you don't how meany times a day do you have to take yours? Mine are 1 a day maybe that's why mine are stronger? I think I am goin to tryhold out an see what CBT does for me insted if I ever get on it ha at least you no ur not the only one goin thru this xx

At the moment I have been told to take 1 3x a day, but he did say to come back in 2 weeks to see how im going with a possible increase.
    xx

So have you took any yet I have made up my mind I just couldn bring me self to take them lol bad whimp xx

Same here, i keep picking up the box but cant bring myself to put one in the mouth. But I have decided I will take one tomorrow morning - im going to be strong, now if I can do it im sure you can, and we never know these tablets could really help us.

xx

Propanalol never worked for me, just made me jittery. They don't help with anxiety as in stopping it coming and the thoughts etc but they do help if you suffer from panic attacks and have classic hyperventilating etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information