Thread: My Citalopram journey part three

My Citalopram journey part three

Hi All, When I take my tab at 8am this will be my 6th day on 'Cit' as I have seen it called. For me, this hasn't been a very pleasant journey, the side effects for me have been, well, horendous.
    I can cope with the stomach ache, the tingles etc, I even coped with crapping myself after having a couple of glasses of wine, something you have since warned me not to do.
    What I can't cope with is the increased anxiety I feel and the disconection with my body. I was told to take drink camomile tea before I went to bed to relax me and help me sleep, that's helped tremendously, so thanks Raindog!

I just get so panicky going out of the house, I used to be so confident and could relate to others in any situation, but now I want to curl into a ball and hide. My trip to Sainsbury's left me with only half the shopping as I had to leave through panic and yesterday my trip to the bank and the market was no better I thought everyone looked so weird coming in and out at me, peoples actions seemed exagerated and I felt like an ant in a huge word.
    I've been told it gets better and when it kicks in I'll be fine...... I hope so cos it's literaly doing my head in.
    Today we are going to the Crick narrow boat show, which will be the biggest test of all. Watch this space, I'll let you know if Cit helps me through that.

Re: My Citalopram journey part three

Hi Saltydawg.
    Go with the flow,It is still very early days for you but you seem to be going in the right direction hun,I even get little episodes of derealisation and I am on day 54. We are all different . Even if you manage little chores and slowly build up that is brilliant dont beat yourself up, I am off to Draycote reservoir as I am taking my dad there to look at the boats and generally have a nice walk around it tomorrows. So it will be interesting!! I sometimes use chewing gum as well to keep me focussed .
    Have a good day, however much you manage to do - its a bonus.
    Jean

Thanks for the advice Jean, I'll get some gum on my way!

Hi Saltydawg,

Sorry you having such a hard time of it at the moment. Unfortunately with cit most people do feel worse before they get better, you will get there but you just have to patient and ride the storm. Day 6 is very early, you need to give it a couple of weeks at least and then things will be improve for you they really will.

I can remember going out in supermarkets and feeling like everything was just going on around me almost like you are in a bubble its horrible....but it does go.

Really understand what you are going through.

Hope you feel better soon.,
    Take care.
    JO.xx

Hi SD,
    This sounds like the few days I had before I saw an improvement, so hoping you'll start to see a little light at the end of the tunnel, this is often enough when you're feeling so desperate.

You may find being with someone you trust when you're out and about will keep you calm. Let us know how your day out went anyway, even getting through one day without feeling too panicky can be seen as a step to recovery.

Keep going, it gets better.

Thread Information