Thread: Night Out.

Night Out.

Hi All.

Was just wandering if anyone could help me, I've arranged to go out with my best friend tonight with it being a bank holiday but now I'm really worrying about what might happen when I'm out normally on a night out I will have my boyfriend with me but he's staying in tonight. I wanted to do it to prove to myself I can go out and be a 'normal' 22 year old but I'm starting to regret the decision. I feel I can't back out now as my friend has arranged a sitter for her month old baby and this will be the first time she's been out since having her.

Just some advice on what I can do to maybe not panic so much I know its a long shot but just thought I would post something.

x

Re: Night Out.

Hi,
    Completely understand the feelings, I've been getting anxious when I commit myself and say I'll be somewhere or do something then had time to consider what I'd said yes to. My mind would blow the amount of effort I'd need out of proportion, making it seem like such a problem to go somewhere or complete a task.

Get yourself out and you'll enjoy being with your friends and not being stuck in the house. When you get home later you'll be glad you went out for a few hours. You can always head home any time you like, but why not spend some time with your friend.

I've pushed myself at the last minute to do things I was anxious about and they didn't seem like a big deal once I'd done them. You'll be fine, go enjoy yourself and relax.

hi yes i totaly agree with raindog,you go out,i have big issues with the going out thing and have cancelled many many times,wishing after i hadnt,hesatating is no good,shall i go ,shall i stay.socializing is one of the best things to get things off our weary worried minds,once your there youll be glad you went.hope you have a fab time..

Thanks to you both for your replies.

The good news is I pushed myself to go out, and I had the best time that I have had in so long. Had a few panics as the place was so packed never seen it like that before, but my friend kept telling me that I wasnt going to come to any harm. I'm glad that I did as it's made me realise I can do and I can enjoy myself.

x

Well done

Thank you

So glad you had a good time, anticipation is the worst. Well done x

Thread Information