Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IBS

IBS

Just wondered how many IBS sufferers lives are ruined by this terrible infliction?

Is it me, or am I the only one who can sometimes spend the entire day sitting in front of the PC or TV unable to move much because of the discomfort regardless of any anti-spasmodic drug?

I reckon I'm lucky in a sense that I have no constipation or rushing to the toilet, but the gurgling, belching (north and south exits) cramping, gripping, dull aching or stabbing discomfort which affect my stomach, kidney and back is beyond belief.

It has now become a daily occurance upon waking to feel in pain. Bloods, scans, endoscopies etc., all prove negative and it gets to the point of thinking if I will suffer everyday for the rest of my life!

I read that IBS is normally a 'come and go' problem.

Does anyone suffer this daily and for most of the day regardless of bowel movements?

Re: IBS

Horse, Have had very loose frequent motions, squelching & rumbling stomach and gripping cramps for as long as I can remember however come Xmas My bladder went into constant spasm and I honestly thought I had bowel Cancer - I have never experience so much uncomfort in my life. I had a colonoscopy, endscopogy and ultrasound on my kidneys & bladder and all was clear apart that my bladder and colon showed to be in spasm. The Dr said IBS to me, so i have only be officially diagnosed with this since March. It`s interesting that you mention kidney pain as I get this alot, aalong with back pain and pain along shoulders and neck. I am constantly passing wind, the tummy makes all weird sorts of noises and and I have been on the loo today 5 times. 5 - 7 times for me is normal. Nightmare!

Same here i am of a certain age lol all started when i came off HRT u 2 r probably a lot younger, worked full time until 5 years ago had 2 retire on ill health on ESA now but i always feel as though i am begging even though worked all my life. Feel fine until i start shoving in food can't work out what upsets me results in cramps, back pain, pain under right ribs go between D and C, shoulder and neck pain and passing wind both ends. Had all tests known to man told i have IBS what i want to know is if they can cure other terrible conditions y can't they find a solution for IBS. I give up on Doctors all they say is take a AD i wasn't depressed until this started i am now as whatever i take doesn't seem to help at all.

I am 55 and the funny thing is, I am not overly worried about much to the extent that you would think it would produce so much symptoms.

The rib pain I forgot to mention as well. Feels like I've been kicked there and always on the right side below bottom rib. Also, get bad discomfort on right side after bowel movement which can last all day (the discomfort, not the bowel movement)!!

Why don't they do more research into this instead of just handing out medication? but then again, the drug companies are laughing I'm sure, so that's probably why!

May God give us help!

Hi Horse

Really do understand how you must be feeling. It can get you down.

I've experienced bowel/stomach problems on & off for a few years now. The past few months in particular have been quite annoying - griping, windy pains, feeling full of wind like I've been pumped up with a bicycle pump, stomach gurgling and going into overdrive (even through the night!) and the worst thing - just having to go to the loo NOW!! I've managed to make a joke about it with my hubby & the kids (Mum needs to get into the toilet OR ELSE lol!) but it has got me down a bit. I've tried peppermint tea which helps a bit.

Spoke to my GP last week & she thinks it could be IBS but is sending me for a scan to check things out & has taken some bloods. I've had several endoscopies over the last few years which showed me to have acid reflux too. I'm just hoping that it will all be okay. Wears you down a bit at times..

Take care & hope that you will pick up soon.

I had an awful time with IBS until I started taking daily doses of metamucil. It has completely changed my ibs from horrible to only a mild bother. I had to play with the dosage and I sometimes take a little more when I have a flare up but both the C and the D are much much better.

I have had one of my worst days in years today with my IBS, constant indigestion and passing wind and shocking upper tummy pain.

I work in a hospital and have done my usual 12 hour shift today but several times I thought I'd end up over in A&E as the pain was that bad :(

I havent been diagnosed with IBS but advice from friends who do have it suggests that it may well be the problem.. I always called it nervous stomach but I see that the symptoms mentioned here pretty much mirror mine.

You don't need to tell me it isn't the Hell of all Diseases!!! I reckon I was 20 when I developed my bowel problems and I am now 62. Ruined my life.

My IBS took a turn for the better after taking part in a trial for IntestAid. Every few weeks though I get a reminder that 'it' is still in charge and has me on the loo run for a couple of hours after my evening meal. My body doesn't seem to to be able to cope with the constant 'loo run' now and I now suffer from trauma or the shakes once the inevitable diarrhoea is finished. My doc has given me diazepam for those shakes.

I hope you get some relief soon Horse but don't hold your breath.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information