Thread: Update: back from hospital appt

Update: back from hospital appt

Hi everyone, just updating u on my appt, went rly well Was at 2pm, went straight in. Hearing test first, results were EXACTLY the same as they were 3 months ago. Completely negative pressure in my right ear, my eardrum wasnt moving atall...still!! Hearing Loss was the same, below 20 on 4 occasions, so not awful, but bad for someone aged 22!! Lol.

Saw ENT consultant straight after. He done a few tests, like looked in my ears, put lotsa different tools inside, and looked in with a huge microscope. Put this really cold air and water in my ear too, Lol. He done some balance tests.I was all over the place haha. Was quite funny! He then said that I have effusion in my middle ear, which over the years has got progressively worse. I shoudl have been referred when i was younger for gromits, or something like that, but my mum just getting fobbed off by my doctor with antiobiotics! Which clearly have done nothing lol! S

o basically ive got thick fluid behind both eardrums, but mostly my right ear (the one with negative pressure). So hes prescribed me Steroids to spray inside and then ive got a follow-up with him in, again, 3 months time!! So fingers crossed this stuff will work and il feel normal again!! I feel this has definitely contributed to my anxiety and panic. I have no doubt. Coz literally a bit of dizziness can set my anxiety off!!

And lastly, if the steroids dont work, then i have to go back in 3 months for an MRI scan...im not even guna think about why that would be lol, but seeing as ive had an all-clear CT scan already, i dont think there would be anything major going on in there!!

So i just wanted to update u all really!! Cant wait to start the steroids tomorrow, fingers crossed no side effects ay!!!!!! Oh nooo....i didnt ask whether these are safe when ur on SSRI's??(citalopram)??? He was a young locum spanish doctor who was very clumsy lol so im wondering if hes checked this..??????!!!

Hayz xx

Re: Update: back from hospital appt

Very best of luck with the steroid spray really hope it works for you.

Hope the spray works for you & that you get some relief soon, you could maybe ask the pharmacist if it is ok to use with Citalopram, I would have thought it would be but I'm not 100% on that,sorry.
    I've got an ENT appt tomorrow for my balance/dizzy issues so it is nice to know what sort of things I might have to expect, thanks x

Glad to be of help Bexmumto3 x

Thread Information