Thread: Severe inflammotarry bowel disease

Severe inflammotarry bowel disease

A few months back I was in hospital and since then I have had health anxiety due to my recent health problems and tonight is a bad night for it and I don't know what to do. It started of mild but recently the anxiety has been worse.

Re: Severe inflammotarry bowel disease

poor you a illness was what started me down the rocky HA road have you been to tell your GP how you feel ??

Take Care Maggie

Quote Originally Posted by margaret jones View Post
    poor you a illness was what started me down the rocky HA road have you been to tell your GP how you feel ??

Take Care Maggie
    I tried talking to my GP but he wasn't very helpful. I'm on a waiting list too for an mri scan which is makeing it worse.

Well, if you can provide me with some detail I might be able to better direct you. Please describe your recent medical history and the reason for hospitalization. Also please describe the present focus of your apprehension or anxiety.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

Quote Originally Posted by RLR View Post
    Well, if you can provide me with some detail I might be able to better direct you. Please describe your recent medical history and the reason for hospitalization. Also please describe the present focus of your apprehension or anxiety.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)
    I had been ill since a thursday in bed all day on the friday I perked up but on the saturday I couldn't stand up, I was in alot of pain around my tummy and bowels and the pain likes to give me a sharp pain in my lower chest just above my tummy. I was rushed into hospital and put on a drip and so ill I couldn't remember haveing the drip put in though I was awake. I was put through tests and am still going through tests and the focus seems to be the illness itself and especially the tests I'm going through and waiting to have an mri scan. If you want more let me know.

I have the same pain, upper stomach, and have been in A&E several times with this in the past. I have also had scans, colonoscopy, endoscopy, even seen a Cardiologist as I was convinced it was my heart.

All tests came back clear except for some inflamation on the endoscopy. Today has been a nightmare as the pain has been so bad. I know mine is linked to stress but it doesn't make it any easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy J View Post
    I have the same pain, upper stomach, and have been in A&E several times with this in the past. I have also had scans, colonoscopy, endoscopy, even seen a Cardiologist as I was convinced it was my heart.

All tests came back clear except for some inflamation on the endoscopy. Today has been a nightmare as the pain has been so bad. I know mine is linked to stress but it doesn't make it any easier.
    It's horrible isn't it.

My anxiety sets mine off and, such as today, it's hard to believe it's IBS caused by anxiety as the pain is so bad. I work in a hospital and I really thought I'd end up going across to A&E today as I expected to pass out.

Thinking realistically it's been bad as I was expecting a rough day (friction with a colleague)..my indigestion started last night before bed, I hardly slept (for no reason as the indigestion had stopped) and was waking every half hour, got up at 5am for work (a 12 hour shift) and the indigestion and bloating started straight away. Throughout the day I have passed an extreme amount of wind! And the pain has been awful. Once I got home it's eased.

What an infuriating bloody illness :(

Thread Information