Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seizures or Depersonalization? Help!

Re: Seizures or Depersonalization? Help!

Anybody?

Its your anxiety Phil ...I replied on your other thread hun ..Please read it ....You will be ok ..I promise ..Sue

Sorry Phil, I know you're going through hard time but the best thing for you is to take the advice you have already been given..no comforting words are going to do the trick if you continue to Google.

Re-read the previous answers on this thread including the one from Belfry whi actually suffers from Epilepsy..you know you haven't got it.

I can't remember if you have had counselling or CBT but if not you have really got to use these options now, I'm sure you don't want to be on here in a few years time not having progressed any further than Google.

Take Care

Please stop googling Phil!...its the route to all evil when trying to define our symptoms...your gp will help identify any symptoms that are concerning you. searching google made my health anxiety esculate to a point where i didnt believe my gp over a search engine! please stop for your own sake.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz25 View Post
    Please stop googling Phil!...its the route to all evil when trying to define our symptoms...your gp will help identify any symptoms that are concerning you. searching google made my health anxiety esculate to a point where i didnt believe my gp over a search engine! please stop for your own sake.
    I know.

I actually just couldn't help myself when I google I keep saying I won't and for some rash reason I do it.

Googling is a symptom of anxiety in its self.

phil i google all the time when i really shouldn't. it's like a compulsion to do it. i try now to make a real physical effort and if i am going to do it i will come on here or go on facebook instead.

i know what you mean, i have the internet on my phone and would just go on it without realising half the time, then be so angry with myself because i never found reassurance from it, just ways to feel more anxious and concerned about my health! if you feel so compelled to look things up, try looking at things that are going to be helpful like anxiety and online self help cbt therapies, you will get out of the habit eventually.

As the human voice that is the fear of going crazy because of anxiety. You are not crazy, you're not! This is just a concept, the changes due to high anxiety. Anxiety can take many forms, including the perception of change itself. Once you get to eliminate your anxiety, depersonalization should subside. Main steps are tried for their own lives and think that it will ignore it only to make matters worse feeding.

I get dp every single day, it comes on without warning and without feeling anxious. ive had it ever since i started having panic attacks. I can be walking through town holding the pushchair and my arms wont look like mine, and its not me pushing it, its very strange. The worst is the feeling that my arm/hand is not attached to me, and i cant actually FEEL it, like its dead, and im not able to move it. but i CAN move it, just feels weak, and that reassures me its not stroke or anything like that coz i CAN infact move it. I get dp badly in supermarkets, i get severe head rushes all the time, the other day badly i fell over!! i suffer rly bad balance problems bcoz of it.

but i must say the worst for me is when i get it, objects feel strange to the touch,like they dont feel 'right;, hard to explain, its like i havent touched it before or it feels different to what it normally does. like holding a cup of tea, feels strange to hold the cup, its rly rly rly hard to explain. but i have severe dp, i dont go an hour without getting it. i get both depersonalization AND derealization. my arms and body doesnt feel like mine, my face looks unfamiliar (and peoples do) when i look in mirror or at other ppl, but i just convince myself its just dp. nuffin serious. dp is a potential life ruiner if u let it beat you. ive had it for 10months now day in day out, so im pretty used to it, but its still hard. ive still had days off college on rly bad dp days!! it does affect my life but i still drive, look after my little 2 year old, (even tho when i look at him sometimes i dont quite know who he is) which upsets me. but theres nuffin i can do, its dp and im on meds and have had cbt. its just anxiety. i dont even know wot im anxious about most says but i wonder if its all my past history of taking cocaine that done it. but nuffin i can do but live with it. its funny coz when im rly rly busy i dont get it!! which is why i dont like to sit around lol. hence why i get it badly when im typing at a pc!! haha!! but honestly phil, this is just dp. nufin more. u dont have epilepsy. my auntie has temporal epilepsy and has seizures, and my god, when u have a seizure u wont have to ask ppl 'am i having a seizure?' coz they will god dam KNOW U ARE!! lol x

Stop googling (totally hypcritical of me i know lol) but it rly doesnt help! just accept its dp and nothing serious (u would known by now trust me) .

i know its hard but u gotta accept its anxiety-related dp, and speak to ur doc about the best treatment for it. unless u tell urself its JUST DP then ul never start to get better.

tke cre

**** He who fears something gives it power over him.- Moorish proverb ****

**** You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. - Dale Carnegie ****

The arm thing is horrible crazyhayz, I get it everyday, sometimes ALL day, waking up in the night with it is the worst!
    They just don't feel attached!
    Has adoc said DP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information