So, I'm on day three of taking citalopram...the past 2 days have been okay and I've had a few side effects..I've kept a diary over the past few days..
Day one of Citalopram.
Took the tablet around 10.30am, and within an hour started to feel jittery. Now I'm not sure if this is because I was nervous/anxious about taking the first one or whether it was a side effect. I'm thinking its a side effect because I felt restless all day after that. And kept finding myself unable to sit still, and wandering around because I couldn't stand still!
I tried to keep myself busy at work, and found I've had a dry mouth all day, which I later found out is a side effect of the Citalopram. Also have had a headache like a tight band around my head since this morning, similar to a tension headache but not quite.
I still feel kinda weird...but a different weird to the anxiety.
I'm going to stick this out and see if it works in the end. Fingers crossed.

Day two...
Okay, woke up feeling slightly odd this morning, can't really describe it...just odd.
Went for my driving lesson cause I was feeling okay, apart from the dry mouth..lol. Had a really good hour and 15 mins, and then all of a sudden I went really dizzy, couldnt concentrate or focus at all and had to end the lesson early to come home.
I mean, I'm quite happy that I lasted an hour and 15 mins! So not too disheartened, just kinda frustrated.
I've taken my 2nd dose now, and I'm feeling pretty odd...like, restless again. Hard to describe. Dry mouth, can't concentrate..the usual. Head feels a bit funny like the tension headache again but just not quite...felt really down all day, lonely with my own thoughts.

Day three...
so its 1.30am, i have just woken up in an absolute panic, bladder feeling like its about to burst. have been asleep since about 11-11.15 i would say. When i woke up i started freaking out, really panicking, disoriented....and now i've logged onto the anxiety chat room to get a bit of sanity as i have noone with me,

worrying about tomorrow already as i know everyone is going to be at work tomorrow afternoon and i'm going to be on my own. Got to keep strong...

i will beat this anxiety and i will be my old self again, this is just the rough side effects of Citalopram taking its toll...
list of side effects I've had so far

• Headache
  • Dry Mouth
  • Restlessness
  • Increased anxiety
  • Insomnia
  • Stomach Ache/Nausea
  • Dizziness/Feeling Faint

Today has been quite unbearable, anxiety has gone through the roof and have had no appetite at all..
fingers crossed I can get through this.
Only on day 3 so got a long way to go!
After 8 years of anxiety/panic/depression, I'm hoping this will do the trick!

Justagirl_