Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phobia of balloons and basically loud bangs!

Phobia of balloons and basically loud bangs!

HI there.

I am sorry if there has been a post like this previously as I haven't scrolled back but I doube very much there is.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there with the same phobia as me, I have a fear or loud bangs, i.e. fireworks, balloons popping, party poppers, I used to bad with christmas crackers but can actually manage to pull them now!
    I know this probably sounds crazy to some people but I hate it, when I go to parties, I just pray that there is no balloon's in the room and if there is that they are up high so no-one can pop them, because then I am ok, its the fear of them popping that I hate, I also pray that there are no party poppers too. When I find myself in situations where there are balloons or anything with a loud bang, I get really hot and panicy, for instance I was in Pizza Express on Sat night and there was a group of people in there that were playing with balloons, I was out with a group of friends and my friend Nic had to tell them to stop as her friend had a phobia of balloons (me), I was really embarassed and felt so stupid as I have never come accross anyone like myself, and they probably thought I was ruining there fun.....

I was just curious if anyone else has had this same fear? or know of anyone?

[xx(]

There is deffo a thread on here about this - Nic/Meg will come along and link you to it I'm sure.

I know a couple of people who have this, particularly with balloons and they are not even very anxious sorts.

I am not scared of balloons in themselves but I do seem to jump out of my skin at any unexpected loud noises so I am obviously quite a jumpy person.

Well you would expect a Piglet to be wouldn't you.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Pinkstar,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

I am sure you are not alone with your phobia of balloons and loud bangs. It is a case of facing your fear and overcoming it, this may sound hard, but it does work.

Take things a step at a time, and I am sure you will get there.

Take care
    Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

ugh i nearly pass out at load bangs its horrible when ever a load bang or noise happens horrible images pop into my head it scares the livin day lights out of me

I hate balloon! I refuse to touch them or allow them to be anywhere near me. I don't know why =S

Hate bangs too. Especially thunder. Thunder gets me in floods of tears.

i have a multiplicity of noise phobias,like computer mouse clicking,breathing,eating,keybord tapping,game console controllers
    all sorts of things,and it makes life very,very hard,i am lucky to be a partner in my own business and surrounded by kind caring friends who are very understanding and accomadating.my mother is utterly terrified of thunder (she cites living in liverpool during WW2)
    kindest regards ade

Hi All

This is a more common problem than most people realise, ranging from full blown panic attacks at certain noises, to sensitivity to any kind of noise.

The Noise Sensitivity hypnosis download could prove very helpful in dealing with this.

For more severe phobias seeing a hypnotherapist could help. There is a treatment called the Rewind Technique which is very effective for dealing with phobias.

The Rewind Technique (Fast Phobia Cure) is a quick and effective method for overcoming phobias and the unpleasant feelings associated with trauma. Effectively the process re-educates the brain to feel comfortable with the subject or situation that caused the phobic response. There is a description of how it works here. I have seen this treatment in action with people cured of fear of heights among other phobias.

I hope this helps.

Karen

For a moment you were with me
    For a moment you were mine
    Then the darkness comes and takes you far away
    Before I even said goodbye

have downloaded the above and will let you guys know how it goes
    x ade

well i have tried the download,almost out of desperation,i could no longer bear the sounds around me.i found it very very good.and i am a self help cynic! very relaxing,informative and,ultimately,reassurring.
    you need a quiet time to do it (not always possible with a young babba!)
    but i say thumbs up,good value.
    all the best honeys
    ade x

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information