I've suffered on and off with GAD for a while now, but recently I moved to a new city and things have eased a lot. I still get bad spaced out feelings, feel extra nervous, fidgetty and restless at times.

I've not been in a relationship for about 5 years now, in fact I haven't actually been really attracted to a girl for literally 3 years.

But last week a friend of mine from America has come over to stay in the city I live in. I planned a lot around her, I thought we were going to spend a lot of time together. But since she came over she's only met up with me twice, ever since she's kept her distance, whilst at the same time still kind of leading me along with text messages and the like. She is also quite obvious about the fact she's been seeing other guys as well.

Normally I would just get over it, but the past few days it's been really triggering my anxiety like crazy. I've had 3 nights of either complete sleeplessness or very poor sleep, just nights thinking about everything. Then I'm spening my daytimes like a total zombie hardly being able to concentrate at work, feeling panicky two to three times a day, feeling weird in social situations. I've completely lost my appetite. I find myself obsessing over palpitations in the middle of the day. I keep thinking about things she might be doing, who she might be doing it with, wondering why she won't meet up with me...

I know this all sounds like semi-normal stuff for someone who's into a girl, but because of the GAD it's like all of the normal symptoms of falling for someone are just so much stronger. I tell myself to stop thinking about her, but the anxiety symptoms just remain.

What are other GAD sufferers experiences of this kind of thing?

Haha and that does sound a little like I'm some kind of creepy obsessive, I guess I am in my head but I never let it out to the girl, maybe this is another aspect of it that's making me worse I suppose?