Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the cumbria shootings.

the cumbria shootings.

not trying to be disrespectful by mentioning this but it seems to have hit me like a ton of bricks,not really sure why???maybe im in hyper vigilant mode thinking OMG what if i did something like this.

Re: the cumbria shootings.

you mean personally if you did the shootings?

if so you shouldnt ever think that way no matter how bad anxiety gets or depression just try and focus on how you can get better rather than how much worse you can get or you'll never get out of the anxiety/ depression state.

ive always thought this way catastrophizing things,its become habit after 25 years,but finally im getting therapy and cbt and telling people how i feel truthfully,so maybe its a turning point.

i took my son to the park earlier, and there was this weird guys sat against a tree dressed in really weird clothes like all black and was just staring into space, long hair looked really scary. The cumbria madman came straight into my mind, and i immedaitley rushed back to the car. I really did think 'any moment now hes just guna pull out a gun and just start shooting everyone in the park'. I visualised it all happening. Was really freaky. I always think that if something crazy like that has been all over the papers/news, then people like him will go ahead and do the same, like a copycat or something. Its been in & out of my mind all day. Ive been walking past people wondering if they are any minute guna pull out a gun. Its like on a plane, when u look around for people who look like 'terrorists', we're all guilty of it. Itys silly really, but it just goes to show that things like this do happen, even though they are rare, just the fact that they happen freaks me out lol.

hayz xx

maybe us anxiety folks are just sensitive people who pick up on everything.

100% agree puppyskin!!!!!!!!! we are very sensitive to everything. Every noise, feeling, sound etc etc etc. It is rather annoying but we'll get there one day lol.

(above post) Mmmm how is fashion relavant to this post!!

I just feel for the families that lost sons or daughters and of course the shooters mum, who lost her 2 sons.

RIP to all x

my thoughts and prayers go out to all the familys and friends ,,,

The developing story on this seems a bit odd, and may serve as an example that suddenly acquiring money does not make you happy.

From what I've heard on the news, he had £60,000 deposited in his account and became afraid that he would be sent to prison for tax fraud. Haven't read the full details on this to confirm any of the information but there you go, he got a nice bundle of money and something snapped.

I live in whitehaven where this has happened and its usually a quiet town but its like a media frenzy.Theres reporters,cameras,photographers everywhere.I cant believe it could happen here. x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information