Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cholesterol test worried

cholesterol test worried

Hi there i had my choleterol results today which were total 5.4 ,my doc took my blood the other day for this test but i had not fasted i had eaten around a hour and a half before the test, tea and toast as i didnt know the doctor was going to check it .When i phoned for the result today the receptionist had told me 5.4 was very good because i hadnt fasted and most peoples results who havent fasted are over 6 .she told me not to worry and i could get a fasting test done in a few months .But i am still worried as i thought it should be under 5 but she said only if i had fasted for 12 hours.anyone else had this kind regards molly xx

Re: cholesterol test worried

Molly that is really good, whats .4 between friends?? that is so good it will probably be a good point lower if you have it done again . Thats a good result. I cannot say about my own as I have not had it done for a few years but I think it was about 5 ish. I take Benecol drinks now to help it stay a little lower so thats it really.
    Jean

thank you for your reply,i would like to no if anyone has haD DIFFERENT READINGS WITH FASTING OR NON FASTING KIND REGARDS MOLLY

My husband recently had his done & it was around a similar figure but can't remember exactly what but it was 5 something & he had fasted for 12 hours so I would think your result is really good x

thank you for your reply ,anyone else have any experience with this kind regards molly xx

Hi Molly,

A couple of years ago I had my first cholesteral test when I did'nt fast and my cholesteral was 5.6, I had it re-tested about six months later and it was 4.7.

I was shocked at the drastic change as I expected it to be higher because I had made no attempt to lower it so I was really pleasantly suprised.

Your reading is quite good anyway so know need to worry and I'm sure when you get re-tested it will be even lower.

i just keep thinking my artiries are blocked and im giong to have heart attack kind regards molly

Hi Molly I had mine tested about 6 months they didnt actually tell me the figure because they said the results depended on lots of things like weight, height etc so my results were fine for me but someone a different size, shape, weight from me could actually get the same results but they might need to make changes to reduce the chol.. so if the doctors say it's fine then i would go with that.

I am in the usa, so I am not familiar with the conversion, but I had mine checked no fast and it was a bit high but no concern for a non fast. I had eaten a couple hours before the blood draw.
    With other uk friends here I think they know more. Drs. know some areas of blood work can vary from food or no food consumption, even stress, or if the body is fighting off a germ at the moment. So go with his call on it.

I think molly is normal and she don't have any problem at all. Then she should not worry about it. Actually the person who have cholesterol more then normal have to worry for the heart attack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information