Take care,

Diana xxxx

Sadie,

No news is good news!!!!

Let us know when you get results!!

love
    Lucky

sadie
    My colleague, who had an MRI at the same medical I was on, had a small abnormality. He was in for ages and was given an injection to help "highlight a specific area". Obviously he was really worried (I didn't post this originally incase you were given similar treatment.)He now has to go for further tests. I think what I'm trying to say here is that if you haven't heard anything then you're probably clear. It seems to me that the people who run the examination will notice anything of concern almost immeadiately, and if there was a problem your case would be prioritised.

Jim

Jim

Thanks..you did the right thing, I would have been frantic if you had told me this before I went. Anyway, 1 week has passed and I havent heard a thing so I take it that means I have nothing serious to worry about.

Hope your well.

sadie

Sadie,

Good News!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like everything is fine.

Which is what we all hoped for you .

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

hi all.

i wasnt sure where to put this...but wen i saw the word headache typed i rushed in ere.... i have these really strange headaches that start off at one side of me head then stop for like 5 secs and then go straight ova to the ova side...they go rite roung the bk of me head and it starts to ache and burn...im really scared theres summit wrong....but i went to the docs b4 christmas wiv headaches and he sed it was due to a virus...altho this aint the same pain im not sure if it cud b that coa i aint felt as great as i cud of dun in ages....theres also anuva fing worryin me..........its hard to describe....its like in between my erm...womans chest area fingy....i get this massive pain and it feels like lots and lots of needles just pokin me really viciously then that starts to burn too......i was gonna go to casulty tonite if the walk in centre wasnt open and it wasnt but i still didnt go cos im scared of hospitals...all the ppl waitin to b seen and stuff....but im not sure wev i shud ask me dad to take me down there cos ive still got it ofa 3 and a half hours......du fink i shud??? i got this pain on saturday and i had the day off yesterday with it....im not actually sure if i need sum excercise as im not doin it at school cos of all my absences...its startin to really burn now and now im scared if im gonna b sick!!! plz help ne advice!!!

oh yeh...wot is an MRI scan???? silly question sowwy xxx hugs Rachel xxx

Oh hang on now ...

Magnetic Resonance Imaging
    Using Magnetic and radio wave energy, the MRI scanner can see inside the body, rather like a 3D X-ray that can look at tiny places close up. It can then ask your body, "What type of tissue are you?" and take a photo of it.

Ooh get me! Mrs Smarty Pants. See, I was paying attention at the hosptial when they told me what an MRI was - lol

Okay Rach, rule number 1 Calming thoughts, deep breaths.
    Rule number 2 Centre yourself and think logically.

Eliminate the possibilites - not migrane or a bump to the head or covered in spots? No ?

Could it be Ice pick pain - like someone stabbing you in head with an ice pick for a few seconds at a time? No known cause, they just kind of happen? Yes ?

Then the burning and the chest pain starts - Yes?

"Oh my god I've got a brain tumour .. Panic!" - sound familiar?

I would put the burning, the chest pain and the feeling sick down to panic because of the headaches.

I would definately have a word with your doctor as he may be able to give you something to help with the head pain.
    Just explain what sort of pain it is and where on your head it is.

Good luck, hun
    Let us know how you get on.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx

[] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

Rach,

Oh dear I am so sorry you are having a rough time right now.

I agree with Liz, I would have a word with your doc, as he may be able to get the pain in your head under control.

I was once diagnosed with what the doc called "ICE PIC MIGRAINES".

Your symptoms sound very similar to mine. If that helps at all.

I also agree with Liz concerning the burning and so forth. I would say that the worry of what is going on in your head would cause some anxiety/panic.

No matter the cause of the pain in your head there should be something the doc can prescribe to help you.

Post to let us know how you get on dear.

Liz...........

Good on you for paying attention to what MRI stands for.

I`ve had one, but honestly had "NO IDEA" what it stood for.

So again you have manged to educate us today. LOL.......... :-D

Take care all,

Diana xxxx [:X]

Hi all,

Will be getting my results for my MRI scan by the end of the week. I know its been over 4 weeks since my actual scan and I havent heard anything yet which is good news, I think. Anyway, Im still really worried that there will be something wrong!!!

The reason being Im still getting really bad migraine/headaches. I have started taking my preventative medication again everynight but so far its not helping too much. I have also mbeen taking paracetomol everyday too on top of this. I dont think this is right...surely there must be something wrong with my head???

I feel my right side of my head feels really strange at times and I feel like I could pass out or like something is going to burst inside (dramatic I know but it does feel like this). I am still getting a funny taste in my mouth too which no doctors seems to know whats casuing it.

I am at my wits end with my headaches to be honest. I just wish they would go away as it really affects my work as I find I cant function normally at work when I get one.

Sorry to go on about this but Im trying so hard to stay positive and not worry too much but when you get as many headches as me then its hard to stay positive.

Could it be TMJ that it is causing my headches/migraines? My jaw clicks when I open my mouth wide and I get earache and pains in my teeth and jaw all the time too?? Just a thought, can anyone help with this?

Thanks

sadie

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information