Thread: new to site, having a relapse

new to site, having a relapse

Hi everyone,
    i thought i would introduce myself. my names kate, i've suffered from a panic disorder for about 4 years off and on. most recently i'd been on ecitalparem ( new cipramil) for about 1 year and a half ( longest time) I stopped it 4 months ago, mainly cos me and my hubsand want to have a family, got pregnant in nov, but had a miscarriage in dec. 3 weeks ago i started to feel 'jittery' ( tight throat, irrational etc.), i've been to my gp, who said she feels my anxiety attacks are back. Also I have an underactive thyroid gland which when i had a recent blood test showed it had got worse so i would need to up my medication, however the gp left a message on my old phone which i did not recieve, consequently I have been feeling very tired of late untill i found out last week. It will take about 3 weeks for the increased dose to take affect.
    The problem I have is when I am tired it triggers my panic attacks, also wonder if it is a delayed reaction to my misscarriage adding to it.
    sorry to go on but i feel really upset that it is coming back and i don't know what to do, i don't want to go back on the tablets as i still want to try for a baby and i feel if i did that when i come off them again it will just start back again.
    I'm am trying to just accept the symptons as i know it is just panic but it doesn't help them go away, i'm really at a loss of what to do and feel like just curling up and hiding away. I'm really trying ti just do normal things like go to work but its really getting on top of me, just want it all to stop, has anyone got any good advice ?
    love kate x

Hi kg,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Tiredness and stress do all make our anxiety symptoms worse.

Try to find some time for you, to relax and take some time out, give the thyroid meds some time to work and see how your anxiety is then.

Being positive really does help and taking one step at a time, don't try to rush things.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Hey, welcome.

I put a post up when I joined a few weeks ago about this same thing.

Relapse is like a throw in the face as you think nothing has worked and it can hit you harder than before.

I am getting better now and have accepted that relapses happen and they feel terrible but when you accept them and think positive, it will only get better.

It does get better

Search for my post about relapses recently (2 posts). I was thrown back and shocked and felt worse than ever but it DOES get better again.. I was there recently...and doing ok now... till hard but getting back there to feeling good...

Good luck
    Paul

Learning to underreact

Hello Kate

Thyroid gland trouble can affect our anxiety so see if you improve when that is more in balance again.

Tiredness certainly has a direct effect and you are also right in that it may well be partly a delayed reaction to the miscarriage.

Go back to basics and look after yourself step by step

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Kg, welcome to the forum and I hope you feel better soon.
    You will get lots of wonderful advice here.xx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

Thread Information