Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depersonalisation/Dizzy hazy feeling

Depersonalisation/Dizzy hazy feeling

Sorry, me again! I was just wondering whether anyone suffers from this ever, like a feeling of being kind of separated from the world/spaced out, with a mild kind of vertigo/dizzyness. If so does it ever make you find it hard to concentrate sometimes because you just don't feel connected with things?

Thanks

Tom

Hi,
    I get this all the time, i have heard that it is just mental fatigue caused by too much thinking and worry.
    Im sure its nothing to worry about. Try not to give it too much importance because this always makes the symptoms worse.
    Hope it helps
    Take care
    Poppy

Hi Tom,

Try this link it may help

Terrifying Depersonalization/Derealization

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

HI Tom

I also get this feeling alot. The more i tend to dwell on it the worse it seems to get so for me its all about talking positively to myself and walking slowly and try to remain focussed. I tend to get this if I am walking outside on my own but for me I think it has become a habit. It can also happen when I am concentrating on driving or even if I am on the interenet - I try to just let it pass.

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Although VERY hard as its a terrible feeling, the only way for it to go is to accept it.

Its bloody hard and scary to do it! But this is the only way it will go. I lived with it for years.

Dwell or think it (not accept it) and it will stay there. Has it ever disappeared? Yes, well that was the time when you forgot it or accepted it. Try distracting yourself from it.

Remember, it is merely a horrible feeling but cannot hurt you. It is not a mental illness, it is anxiety. The minute I accepted it, It was gone but I will say I still get it at times and it is terrible but it gets less and less (I am still training to think differently)

Cheers
    Chop

Learning to underreact

Thanks guys. Much appreciated

Hi Tom, yes this is a very common feeling, hope Nic and Megs links help to reassure you, take care.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
    and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

I can totally sympathise as I have suffered with this a lot and it terrified me. I found that loads of members have felt the same thing though so it does help to know you are not alone and it won't hurt you.

I found that the more I worried about it the worse it got. The best thing to do was to accept it (not easy to do) and just carry on regardless.

I had this terribly when I was really accute and I thought that I would never feel 'normal' again but, although I have up and down days, things are not hazy/DP at the moment so I hope that gives you some hope and comfort.

Hi Tom

Yes, all you describe is pretty much how I ve been feeling lately, pure anxiety and stress.

Florence.

*** Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can. ***

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information